Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Texas Boomers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-24-2006, 03:52 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
I'M PROUD TO ANNOUNCE

<span class="ev_code_RED">Our new TEXAS BOOMERS website</span>
The new site reflects our affiliation with IRV2.com and uses our adopted logos and symbols. The site is meant to provide information about what we do as Texas Boomers. It is not intended in any way to compete with IRV2 so it will not contain a forum, guestbook, or blog. Please continue to use email and the IRV2 Forum for the exchange of information.
There are numerous links to irv2.com on the site.

<span class="ev_code_RED">A Special Thank You</span>
to Steve Simmons who created the original website and maintained it for over five years. A big thank you, as well, to Jim Gardner who has been involved with uploading all our rally photos on the website.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Introducing Our New Webmaster</span>
Don Allen has been working designing the new website with added features that we didn't have webspace available for on the old site. He's a computer guru with a lot of time on his hands to manage a website that will keep the Texas Boomers informed of what's going on in Texas!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Features - Old and New</span>

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Organization and History</span>
shares with viewers the history of the Texas Boomers and contains email links to our three Area Leaders. Use them to contact them about anything concerning that area.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">2006 Rally Schedule</span>
updated information on upcoming Rallies

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Calendar of Special Events</span>
features birthdays/anniversaries and Area Gathering info

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Miscellaneous Items</span>
features how to order Boomer items, share our favorite camping stories, Texas Boomer Cookbook and a listing w/links to our favorite RV Parks

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Boomer Scrapbook</span>
features mega space for all our Rally and Area Gathering photos!

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Bulletin Board</span>
features items for sale, news or other information that can be submitted to the webmaster to be posted for a period of time.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Member Information Section</span>
Some data on the website, however, is not for public viewing and is restricted to Texas Boomers only. That data is stored on a secure server and is encrypted so that it cannot be seen by the casual browser. In order to protect this section of the web site, a login and password is required. Only Members of the Texas Boomers Organization will be given this login and password. In order to receive the login and password associated with the secure section, you must request it by sending an email to admin@texasboomers.net The email must include your name and your home telephone number (for verification purposes only). We will keep a record of all those that request access. All this is done in order to keep you personal information completely secure.

To access the new website you will continue to use the original web address http://www.texasboomers.org and you will be automatically redirected to the new web site. On the home page of the web site, there are links to the Webmaster and to the Wagonmaster (Madame Boomer).

If you have any problems or suggestions, please do not hesitate to use those links to send us an email.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">ENJOY THE SITE! VISIT OFTEN!</span>
The web site belongs to all of us and we hope you enjoy using it. We are proud as Texas Boomers to share it with all on the world wide web
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2006, 09:56 AM   #2

Found it interesting that quite a few Texas Boomers were "DROPED FROM THE LIST". Should I turn my Boomers Plaque in?

Vern

2002 Keystone 25FB Outback Travel Trailer
vern38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:02 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Pretty work....

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:47 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Hey Ya Vern!

You're on the list! I don't know of any that have been dropped from the infamous pink scroll. There have been several who have requested their names be removed for one reason or another. Several have sold their rigs and no longer RV'ing, etc.

I send out an email every year as I update the boomers list to make sure that those who want to remain on the listing are kept on. I never just drop a name at will...it's always at their request to be removed.

You may not have gotten some emails though. I lost your new email addy when my computer crashed and it was awhile before I got in touch with you to re-establish it on my addy list. I still have the satx.rr.com email addy! Is that still good? I'm sending you a private email to confirm.

Otherwise, How ya'll been! Did you finally get your house remodeled! Hope so!

We'll be in San Antonio over Memorial Day weekend...can ya'll come?

Sandy

PS: Don't be turning in your placque! Hopefully you'll need it soon! I've got name tags for you too the next time I see ya!
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:56 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Vern,
I just checked and your the second name up on the list. However, if you do see/know of someone missing, let ole Don Allen know. Someone could have been dropped by accident and we sure don't want that to happen!

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:42 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I want in.....

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:20 PM   #7
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ken,

You have mail
Old 04-24-2006, 05:33 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Folks,
I have been swamped with request's for the login and password for the secure area of the new web site and I am getting them out as fast as possible. Really glad to see all the interest in the site. Once you receive the login and password (it's the same for all users), please check you personal information on the Pink Scroll and let me know if corrections ( no matter how minor) are needed.

Thanks....Don
Old 04-25-2006, 08:19 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The secret handshake does not work, Don.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 04-25-2006, 08:50 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Ken,

You have a PM.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:22 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Seems our IT weasels at work have been tightening the the reins on our web access and it takes a bit of work to get around them. I disconnect from the LAN at work and go on my air card and it worked.

Looks good

Ken
Old 04-25-2006, 05:55 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Glad you finally connected Ken. Some companies restrict 128 bit encryption and secure servers therefore your login and password to these sites will not work.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:33 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by TXiceman:
I want in.....

Ken

I am thinking Me to
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:07 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
powerboatr,

You are most welcome to visit our website http://www.texasboomers.org. However the Membership Page is restricted to Texas Boomers Use Only for privacy reasons.