RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Texas Boomers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-31-2020, 12:47 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Question RV dealers in south Texas

We're currently located in Weslaco (south Texas) for the winter.Thinking of possibly trading our 2004 Newmar,KSDP 38'.,Freightliner Chassis,330HP CAT ,since looking at some available in this area.Even condsidred a Class C which I'm comfortable driving(having had a Holiday Rambler years ago) so hubby can rest.I've never driven our current RV.My question is who do you recommend in this area as dealers who are trust worthy & also if you've looked at the new Class C;s how much room will I lose going from our current model to a Class C.Might even consider another Class A in a Gas burner cause of the high prices in Deisel.(shouldn't be as high as it is)but thanks to big oil & government we have to pay anyway.I'd really appreciate any advise from all you who've made this decision before.
Happy safe travels to all on the road.

rbh44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2020, 07:31 AM   #2

My opinion you will be better off selling your rig outright then getting your next rig. We live in Houston and could not find anyone in Texas that would match the cash price rv one offered us. We drove to Iowa to pick up unit. Saved 7k over the large dealer in mid Texas. The mark up is very large on new rigs and if you trade in old unit you are fooling yourself about what they are really giving you for unit. In most cases you are not getting much if anything for an older unit. I know it sucks but selling first letís you deal for best possible price when you figure out what next RV will be. Good luck.

Enjoy the journey

Old 01-31-2020, 09:30 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
In general, you can trust an RV dealer and sales person about like you trust a rattle snake. All I can say is do your homework and do not believe one word from the RV sales person.

I was in technical sales for close to 30 years and had all the same sales courses they had and do not play their silly games.

We are in Mission until the end of March If we can be of any help, send me a private message.

Ken
Old 02-01-2020, 12:07 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperbob11 View Post
My opinion you will be better off selling your rig outright then getting your next rig. We live in Houston and could not find anyone in Texas that would match the cash price rv one offered us. We drove to Iowa to pick up unit. Saved 7k over the large dealer in mid Texas. The mark up is very large on new rigs and if you trade in old unit you are fooling yourself about what they are really giving you for unit. In most cases you are not getting much if anything for an older unit. I know it sucks but selling first letís you deal for best possible price when you figure out what next RV will be. Good luck.

Enjoy the journey
Thanks for your valuable input.We've about came to that conclusion.Probably will keep it until we get back to our home state of Ky.where we know the dealers who stand behind their products they sell.
Happy trails to you & yours
rbh44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:35 PM   #5

Yeah I'd wait until you get home then sell it out right, another little thing I've heard about is is anyone is financing and even with excellent credit sometimes after the RV dealer get the financial stuff done with the bank the bank will say yes at 4.5% but then the dealership adds on another 2% to the loan the customers are totally unaware of what just happened to them, the extra percentage goes on the loan and the dealership makes a few extra thousand bucks, so it's always better to use your own credit union or bank after you find your new unit.

For parts in this area I've found that Ron Hubbard here Donna isn't outrageously over priced, I've had to use them and I also checked the price for parts at that other place across the freeway for a 50amp 15ft cord because I was just a bit too far away from the plug in and I think it was like 20 bucks cheaper at Ron Hubbard RV.
We are at Casa del sole on Val Verde rd
Recycled 123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, texas