RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Texas Boomers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-14-2021, 05:20 PM   #43
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnNTwo View Post
Is the new name in effect now? How about a new website.?

Are potential new members welcome to attend the St. Patty rally?

Dale
You are a stranger to the Texas Boomers but once and that is the 1st rally you attend. Please by all means Call the park and make your site reservation and reply back here with the dates you will arrive and depart. Look forward to meeting you.

Not really sure what your 1st comment was referring to tho.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2021, 06:57 AM   #44

Please add me to the list. Arrive Mar. 18 late and depart the 22nd. This will be my first time to meet and camp with the group. I'm very excited.
Nola
nancynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:09 AM   #45

Texas Boomers Club
Confirmed with the park today. Arriving the 17 - departing the 21st
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Boomer View Post
Please add me to the list! I've got a call in to the park and expect to reserve tomorrow! Will bring the items I was supposed to bring to you @the Feb rally.

Sandy

Arrive 18th - depart the 22nd
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:46 PM   #46

St Patrick's Day

I've joined over a year ago & read forums regulary but not camped with the group. I live in New Braunfels and saw the St Pat's Day camping. My concern is how the group is addressing a rally during our Covid situation? I belong to another RV group and some of them are not real cautious so wanted to check before signing up here and then being considered a "party Pooper" Thanks, Polly
Old 02-18-2021, 07:26 PM   #47

Texas Boomers Club
Hi Polly, I'm here in NB too and have conversed with you back when you joined. We need to get together soon since we live in the same town.

To answer your question regarding covid protocol, the club provides sanitizers for each entrance and on the tables. We also have a good stash of masks if anyone needs an extra. Disposable food gloves are provided for all as we go through the meal lines. Tables are set with 6 to a table and arranged with distance between them.
We are all aware of the issues and each do our part to participate with as much precaution indoors as possible.

We've had rallies this year with covid in mind and thankfully no one has reported exposure after attending.

Sandy

Email me at sandyc@ texasboomers.net or call me at 281-728-4193!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:47 PM   #48
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I like the practices Sandy - sounds good. Even though we have had both shots we will still practice good COVID hygiene.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:19 AM   #49

Thanks Sandy, I will email you and give you a call after. Much appreciated Polly
Old 02-19-2021, 03:02 PM   #50

After checking my calendar I'm already camping at Inks Lake St Pat's weekend. I paid so lone ago I had forgotten. Hope to make another with y'all. Polly
Old 02-20-2021, 03:27 PM   #51

St Patrick Rally

Steve and Carla Barker would like to attend from 17 March till 21 March

Thank You

We are waiting List
Badge2287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 05:03 PM   #52

Texas Boomers Club
St Patís Rally

Paula and Jack Montieth on wait list.
Hoping to come in March 18th and Leaving March 21st.
LolliPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 03:34 PM   #53

Rick and Jane Thompson

We are so sad to say we will not be there. Just after we made our reservation, the canopy over our motorhome collapsed on the RV and did some damage. We canít get it in to be repaired until March 15th so donít see any way to be able to make the rally.
ThompsonRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 06:40 PM   #54

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThompsonRJ View Post
We are so sad to say we will not be there. Just after we made our reservation, the canopy over our motorhome collapsed on the RV and did some damage. We canít get it in to be repaired until March 15th so donít see any way to be able to make the rally.
Sorry to hear that Rick. Hope there wasn't to much damage. this ice storm kinda got all of us one way or the other,. I am still teed off at karl for cncelling Coushatte tho.

There are some folks on the waiting list for sites so if for sure you won't make it, please cancel your reservation with the park as soon as you know for sure.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:40 AM   #55

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I was looking at the rules for the park. You need to notify them that you have a dog before arrival and it is one dog only not exceeding 35# (additional fees for more or larger dogs). It states that unless you have written approval for the dog before arrival that you will be turned away from the park.

PETS: If you are bringing any dog including a service animal, you must notify Big Chief at the time of making your reservation including petís name, breed, sex and age. Do NOT show up with a dog unless you have confirmed with the office in writing that you will be bringing the dog(s). If you show up with a dog and you did not have written confirmation from the office, Big Chief reserves the right to cancel your stay. No refunds or credit will be provided.

PETS in CABINS: Cabins 7 & 9 are our only Pet Friendly Cabins. There is a non-refundable fee of $20 per night per dog, up to two dogs. A party is never allowed a dog of over 35 pounds without the written permission by Big Chief at the time of making your initial reservation. You must bring a plastic or metal dog crate or kennel for you dog for when you are away from the cabin. Pets must ALWAYS be secured inside the crate or kennel when the cabin is unoccupied. If your Cabin is unoccupied and your dog is not secured in a plastic or metal crate or kennel, your stay is subject to being terminated immediately without refund or credit of any kind and you will be charged an additional cleaning fee. Guest is fully responsible for any/all damages to cabin.

PETS in RV SITES: If you are bringing a dog/pet/service animal, you must notify Big Chief at the time of making your reservation including petís name, breed, sex and age. Do NOT show up with a dog unless you have confirmed with the office in writing that you will be bringing the dog(s). If you show up with a pet including service animal and you did not have written confirmation from the office, Big Chief reserves the right to cancel your stay. No refunds or credit will be provided.

RVers are allowed one dog per site as long as it is under 35 pounds. If the pet is over 35 pounds, there is $5 per night fee. A second pet is allowed for an additional $5 per night no matter its weight. A party is never allowed more than 2 dogs without the written permission by Big Chief at the time of making your initial reservation. Pets must be on leashes at all times and you must pick up after them. Dogs are never allowed in any buildings.
POOP POLICY: All guests MUST pick up their petís poop immediately and dispose of it in one of our dumpsters. If you violate our Pet Policy, if your pet is too vocal, if we believe that your pet may be a danger or nuisance to others or if you do not immediately pick up your petís poop, we reserve the right to terminate your stay immediately without a refund or credit of any kind.

Plastic bags are available in the office at no charge. This POOP POLICY has been imposed due to irresponsible, lazy pet owners. Please help us to keep Big Chief ďPoop FreeĒ.

Guests are responsible for all property damages and/or personal injuries resulting from their pet. Guests agree to indemnify and hold harmless the resort, its owners and its operator from all liability and damage suffered as a result of the guestís pet. The resort reserves the right to charge guestís account commensurate to the cost of such damages and/or repairs.

Ken
Thanks for pointing this out Ken. I totally missed it.
nancynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:20 AM   #56

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsley View Post
There are NO pet issues for this rally.

Talked with the park manager this morning and was told that rally groups
are exempt from the pet restrictions listed on the website,
and in fact they have a very loose policy enforcing those rules for individuals.

Note: This is the rally sign up thread only so help us out here and limit
comments to just those informing us of your planned attendance.
Thanks.

However the above applies to the rally so please disregard the quote from the website.

Tags
rally