Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Texas Boomers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Why are we not making all our posts in this section? I mean like all our outings, schedules, etc.

Just curious why we have this section if we aren't using it.

Hurricane Carla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have often wondered that myself Carla. Maybe it is time to move into our home since it has been open for several months and now has been recently redecorated.

............................................ .
Old 04-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
gtb

Texas Boomers Club
Hey, Don,
Where the heck is the section with the campouts, etc. I found it yesterday, but today, zilch. My memory isn't what it used to be....
gary
Old 04-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtb View Post
Hey, Don,
Where the heck is the section with the campouts, etc. I found it yesterday, but today, zilch. My memory isn't what it used to be....
gary
Gary,

Look up ^ and click on > South Central Region >

Don
Old 04-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Carla and all -

In answer to your question about THIS section, this sub-category was instituted several years ago by the founder of iRV2.com....however it just never seemed to take off.

At the time, there wasn't that much "traffic" on it and all of us in the South Central Section posted together on the 'regular' forum.

Now that the website and forums have a new look, we are going to encourage the use of the sub-categories. It's not that we want to be separate from the other areas in our section, but each state using its own sub-category will lessen the chance of confusion regarding rallies, events, news and such for all the groups.

As of now, there are Boomers in Texas and Oklahoma, but one of these days our section will grow to host Boomers in Arkansas and Mississippi too. That will be a lot of traffic!

My intent was to post (and send private emails) to all Texas Boomers to encourage them to begin using this sub-category as soon as possible. It's a minor change, but will result in major emphasis of all things Texas Boomer related!

Your (and others who posted on this thread) question is timely as the decision to begin using this tool was discussed just before vacation and I shared with Janet (iRV2's web manager) that I would begin corralling (is this a word???) all posts to our appropriate section when I returned!

I will be posting the Memorial Day Rally in our sub-cat this coming week!

Sandy

National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Sandy, why not move all our Sticky threads from the South Central Region here now. When folks start looking for them they will start to get in the habit of looking here for them rather than the SCR..
Old 04-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Carla -

That's my intention this week, but have to move slowly so I don't erase anything important!

Change takes awhile to activate and we are all learning the new software program. I'm sure something is going to get lost! I sure the Texas Boomers will have to experiment to find us and I'm working on a mass email to help facilitate the move!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Boomer View Post
Carla -

That's my intention this week, but have to move slowly so I don't erase anything important!

Change takes awhile to activate and we are all learning the new software program. I'm sure something is going to get lost! I sure the Texas Boomers will have to experiment to find us and I'm working on a mass email to help facilitate the move!

Sandy

Huh? I didn't do it! *points to Don* HE did it! *laughs*

Hurricane Carla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Can y'all "splain" what a STICKY thread is? and why it has that name?

just wonderin'
marypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sticky Threads are the same as the old Featured Threads. They now show a little push pin and stay at the top of each forum.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Currently FOR SALE Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
Mary,

A "sticky" thread is one that remains at the top of the forum regardless of activity. A regular thread will slide down the forum until someone posts on it. It then moves to the top until someone posts on another thread. In other words, regular threads are listed in chronological order of each thread's most recent post. If someone started a thread with instructions on how to sign up for rallies using the calendar, it might be desirable to keep it at or near the top of the forum so that it doesn't get lost - the way to accomplish that would be to make it a "sticky" thread.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote