Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Pop Up, Tent Trailer and Teardrop Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2021, 01:08 AM   #1

Aliner or Rockwood A frame?

Which company builds the best A frame camper? It appears that Aliner sells the majority of A frame campers, is one better or superior?
Tsturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2021, 12:45 PM   #2

I would pick the Rockwood hands down.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 11:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I would pick the Rockwood hands down.
Could you expand on that and why? Personal experience or ??
Old 05-29-2021, 06:07 AM   #4

I am currently looking for my 4th RV trailer. I looked at several travel trailers. Of all the trailers the Flagstaff/Rockwood seem to be the most solid. Also they do not seem to cheap out on things.

Example - here is a Flagstaff. Notice the solid steps at both entrances. Other manufactures will have one springy step and one solid step.

Fyi - Flagstaff and Rockwood are virtually identical with color being the only difference.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190927_105249530_HDR.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	330008
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 10:37 PM   #5

I am talking specifically about Aframe campers. Aliner does not build a traditional training like your picture indicates. Do you have a specific reason regarding Aframes? Have you owned an Aframe? If so, have you owned a Rockwood or Flagstaff Aframe? Have you owned an Aliner Aframe?

How can you justify if the Rockwood is better if you have not owned a Rockwood or Aliner Aframe? Just asking you to backup your comments or were you generalizing that you think Rockwood is better, but not experienced either?
Old 08-28-2021, 08:29 AM   #6

Aliner

I don't know anything about the Rockwood but I do own a 2016 Aliner Scout lite and love it. I have had no issues with it.
chief1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:34 PM   #7

Around 2015 I bought a used (about 5 year old) Aliner and camped in it for one summer, then sold it. It was okay, just okay. But the alignment on the door was bad already when I bought it, one of the windows started to catch on itself and not close, the weatherstripping on the roof panel started peeling... you get the picture.

Before buying the Aliner i looked at a new Rockwood A-frame, one with a built in toilet, at a nearby dealer. The interior looked nicer than Aliner's. But I looked underneath and one of the drain pipes passed through a hole in the floor roughly twice the diameter of the pipe. That piece of poor workmanship turned me off. The dealer had it inside, in a showroom setting; that was some showpiece!

19' ETI Escape trailer
Rexlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 07:16 AM   #8

i owned a Jayco A-Frame pop-up that was a total POS! my inlaws owned 2 Aliners. 1st one was great, the second one had some minor issues that were worked out. if i was to buy anothe A-Frame i'd look at Chalet.
tnrver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame