Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Pop Up, Tent Trailer and Teardrop Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2023, 07:42 AM   #1

Coachmen Clipper Express 9.0TD

So, I just purchased a 2022 Coachman Clipper Express 9.0 TD pop up camper and I have not really found a lot of info from others who have also purchased so I wanted to give my input to maybe help someone decide if it is the right camper for them.
The good- It is very easy to tow at 1418lbs. We drove 4 and a half hours one way to get this and on the way back we got up to 70mph on the highway and it pulled like a dream. No wobble and not jumpy like my first Pop up. It has an amazing plug in cooler that is included. It comes with a little port o toilet, hot water heater with a water pump and 16 gal fresh water tank. An inside sink, A/C and a heater. It has a small BBQ grill that attaches to the outside of the camper. Plus a screened room that attaches to the back over the door.
The Not So Good- I will say this camper was definitely thrown together as fast as possible. The quality is lacking. First thing we noticed was the outside roof rack had already started rusting. It is a year old and already rusting. The doors to the storage areas feel as if they may come off it if given a little tug. The caulking around everything outside is messy or coming off. We don't plan on camping in the rain but if we did I would worry about leaks around the door. Speaking of the door, it is a poor excuse for a door. It is screen the entire length and has 2 thin pieces of plastic sheathing that you slip in 2 groves on either side of the door. It does come with a separate travel door that feels better made but would not work with it popped up. Trim doesn't look that great and some of the outlets are on at an angle and the sink was put in a little crooked. Tires are big off road tires which I feel are a tad bit excessive but it does look kinda cool.
I have not had it on a camping trip yet but may update after doing so. I will say that even though it appears as if there are more not so goods than goods it is worth thinking about getting if you are in the market for a small lightweight camper. Just do your research and maybe look into a used one. I paid a little under 12,000 for mine brand new with no dealer fees. I would not pay more than that for it though. Find one and walk around it and go inside and look at everything before purchasing. Check water pump and hoses. Check everything that is in it. Take your time and don't let anyone rush you into making a decision.
Jessvanoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2023, 08:36 AM   #2

Nor'easters Club
That is a very cool looking trailer! Good advice and safe travels in your camper.
rosebud1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 12:23 PM   #3

been looking at those lately both Clipper Express and Viking Express seem very well built
doglover44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 09:59 PM   #4

We have a 2022 that we buyed on January. You were right on the target on you explanation. The construction quality possibly due to the pandemic parts shortage. We make multiple upgrades an add a lot of reinforcement with additional SS screws. We enjoy our a lot. We add 200w flex solar panel, two Cafrano Scirroco 12v fans, an external kickass shower, led lights, upgrade the rear canopy posts to aluminum because the factory ones were cheap, add marine SS bottons to mantaine the canopy, upgrade the battery to a 100amp lithium and use it almost twice a month.
DaCrRi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coach, coachmen