Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Pop Up, Tent Trailer and Teardrop Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2010, 10:14 AM   #1

Pop-up water systems question

We're brand new to camping. I have a Jayco Qwest 10 that has the option of using a 6 gallon fresh water tank or city water. The pressure when using city water isn't at all what I expected so I was wondering if a new faucet might fix that problem. I was also hoping to get some opinions on whether or not I even need the holding tank system (which would definitely expand my faucet options). Thanks.
rodmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to irv2 rodmess.
If you have to pump water from holding tank your faucet may have a problem. If you do not dry camp and always in campground a regular kitchen faucet would work. Do you have hot water heater? Most of mine didn't just ruff it with the cold.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:19 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I do not have a hot water tank. I'm looking into faucet options now. I took the whole system apart and I do not have any blockages in the lines but when hooked up to city water, it takes over a minute just to fill up a regular glass of water. It just doesn't seem right. Hopefully I can find a solution soon. The weather is getting really nice.

Thanks again,
rodmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:55 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
New faucet likely won't help..However.. Things to consider.

On most RV's they recommend a pressure regulator, 45PSI, be installed, Some have one built in (usually a Sure-Flo) but many buy a small brass cylinder with hose fittings on each end, the cylinder is about the size of a female hose connector.. These come in two types.. Regular, which is junk and you should forget them, they restrict the flow of water, and "High Volume" or "high Capacity" which has a colored plastic grip on the female end.. I give these a 9 on the 10 scale (They are ALMOST good enough) The Sure-Flo in-line gets a 9.9 or better (Read that passes enough water for a nice shower)

The next thing is water filters.. Now I don't know about you but I find the water at many parks to be kind of ... Needing filtering... So I have filters.. These will reduce the pressure as much as 10PSI so if I put my regulator in front of the filter I have only 35, not 45 PSI at the rig and not nearly enough water for that shower.. So I use two regulators... (If needed) one pre-filter set to 60-70 PSI and noe post filter (The Sure-Flow) set to 45.. The Pre filter is a Watts.. Both Watts and Valterra make very good regulators, these are in the Plumbing department and come with pipe fittings, not hose fittings (You can get adapters near by, same dept)

Avoid the smallest model, anything else is good.

Finally: If it's a shower that's runnign slow.. Many folks put a "Flow Restrictor" washer behind the shower head.. This is a flat metal washer usually with a quarter inch or smaller hole in it.. Frankly.. I can pass water faster than it can (if you get my drift) and the best thing you can do if you want a nice shower is remove it. As for kitchen faucets.. I've not seen one there....yet.