Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Pop Up, Tent Trailer and Teardrop Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2022, 03:06 PM   #1

Where are all of the tent-trailer models?

So, I got rid of my fifth-wheel and truck in favor of a Jeep and am looking at getting a tent-trailer that I can pull with the Jeep. I am looking for something with a bathroom, and preferably something like the Forest River HW277/HW27KS with good counter/kitchen area...

My questions are:

Where are the other Makes/models of tent trailers? It looks like Coachmen Clippers are the only other tent trailers made right now? I am not talking Jumping jack and the likes, those have a zero WAF...

Is the dearth of make/model options going to stay, or is it due to supply constraints linked to the Pandemic and/or war in Eastern Europe?

What kinds of pop-ups or sub-3500lb trailers do you all suggest? Please tell me I am missing something

I want something with a good kitchen for the MRS and a bathroom for the family. Has to sleep 4, and needs to be garage-able...

[edit] Also, not looking for / don't care about one of the "rugged" trailers... The kinds of trails I off-road on you can't even pull those. Also, to say they are priced ridiculously high is an epic understatement.
sticcino is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2022, 03:24 PM   #2

Not impressed with this dealer, but they might give you some ideas - most of their units are small, possible to tow behind a Jeep.

https://www.westerncampers.com/

Most of the small campers are not going to have a great bathroom setup. I haven't looked at the A-frame style, are they any better?
Old 10-17-2022, 05:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carybosse View Post
Not impressed with this dealer, but they might give you some ideas - most of their units are small, possible to tow behind a Jeep.

https://www.westerncampers.com/

Most of the small campers are not going to have a great bathroom setup. I haven't looked at the A-frame style, are they any better?

Thanks!

I expect the bathroom to suck, but anything will suck less than using public toilets. If I found the right layout, I would live without the toilet - having a good kitchen is the most important optional part.
sticcino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 06:03 PM   #4

Have you looked at Aliners. Some pretty cool floor plans.

I guess you could also look at some of the T@B floor plans. We love our T@B 400 but it’s probably a little big for what you want. Around 3400 pounds fully loaded. 335 pound hitch weight.

Also look at the T@B320. Smaller and lighter but still a decent bathroom and kitchen.

Good luck with your search.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 06:25 AM   #5

Our T@B 320S Boondock. Small (15 foot total length, ~2000 lbs.), easy to pull and has everything we need. It's our hard shell tent.

Old 11-26-2022, 07:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Radios View Post
Our T@B 320S Boondock. Small (15 foot total length, ~2000 lbs.), easy to pull and has everything we need. It's our hard shell tent.
Great picture collage. Nice combo.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 08:03 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had two different TrailManors popups (27 and 30 foot) I towed with a highlander. They had separate bathrooms Dry weight was around #2,900 lbs for my 30 foot one.

TRAILMANOR
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 08:09 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had two different TrailManors popups (27 and 30 foot) I towed with a highlander. They had separate bathrooms Dry weight was around #2,900 lbs for my 30 foot one.

TRAILMANOR
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer