Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #15

Would be helpful to be SURE this is J72. Is this a W24 chassis or do you know which one it is?

IF it is a J71, I'd put the odds as pretty hi on the problem being the gear shift lever position switch. Driver side of the tranny, down near the bottom - - where the linkage is attached.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #16

Mike,

I volunteer to be a test P32 !!! Too bad I'm on the east coast.

Rick
Old 09-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oldusedbear:
Would be helpful to be SURE this is J72. Is this a W24 chassis or do you know which one it is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>oldusedbear, We can rule out a W24 chassis as those were not produced in 2003.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #18

You're absolutely correct Driver - - I think they show 5 different P series in 03, plus the W20 and W22. Do I recall correctly that the 17K
and 18K chassis could have EITHER J71 or J72?

Maybe the OP will come back and give us a positive ID on his chassis.

We're quick to confess we don't have all that much information on the J72. I think that Workhorse buys that system as a package from Carlisle, but I've never seen anything other than the most rudimentary of technical info about it.

I don't think there are all that many of them out there in the first place, BUT also they seem to have a really good track record for reliability. That in itself may account for the the apparent lack of technical info. If they don't bust very often, we won't hear much about them. I DO wish we could find out what is in their little analog black control box.

In any event, we're still glad to give either system our best shot if someone has one with a problem.

Once we know for sure which system we're talking about, we can try to pinpoint the difficulty.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:03 AM   #19
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Rick,

We already have a test donor,we are installing it tomorrow.The good new's is that We plan to have it ready for a DIY install possibly.Or you could take it to a shop near you.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:27 AM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mike
Will the air operated system completely do away with the hydraulic system? What will be the approximate cost to have it installed?

Tom

Ultrapower Mod, CAI, Super Steer Springs, Super Steer Bell Crank, SAFE-T-PLUS, Rear Stabilizer Bar, AERO Mufflers
TOMF1936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:37 AM   #21
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Tom,

This will be completly operated by air no more hydraulic's at all.We are doing our first one tomorrow & then I can figure out how much the upgrade will cost.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:52 PM   #22
Official iRV2 Sponsor

We have successfully completed our first Park Brake upgrade kit!! It work's awesome,I have pic's but I'm not sure how to upload them.If someone wants to E-mail me I can send them to you directly.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I look forward to seeing pics and reading about it on your website.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
Mike,
Many of us on IRV2 use Photobucket.com to upload our pictures. You won't need any special permissions from IRV2 to post a link to your pictures. Photobucket is free but you do have to register. I've been using it for 5 years to show pic's on this forum & I don't get spam or any other ad's from them.

Once you upload your pic's to Photobucket, you copy the link listed below each picture, then paste the link in your IRV2 posting. The link should have [IMG] before and [/IMG] after link. The first time you do it you may find you used too large or too small of resolution. But then you can upload it again to size it right. I believe around 640x480 or 600x400 is a good compromise size. You can have captions in Photobucket but they won't show up here. You can just type instruction in posting, insert the link and repeat for each picture.
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Mike...
You can also email them to me and I can set up an account for you here and get them posted. (My email is listed by clicking my name on the left) OR you can go to this link for instructions on how to do it.

I have a feeling that Keith could tell you that I am probably one of the "experts" on photo posting here!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote