Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #1

12V auxilliary pump for air leveling

I have a HWH series 600 air leveling
It has a 12V auxiliary pump that keeps the level by waking up every 30mins and pumping air to bags that needs it.

The pump assembly has a pressure switch (115psi cut out/105psi cut in)
and a small air dryer in-line to the pump.

I would like to take out this assembly for servicing the pressure switch, air dryer and pump itself. What is the proper way to take this assembly out w/o dumping air from the air bags?

NOTE> i donot have hydraulic leveling, only air leveling.

jim
caymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2010, 04:36 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I am not sure you can remove the airlines and the leveling system not squat down. I would highly recommend you use jack stands under the chassis to work on this system. There could be a check valve but there may not be. Once jack stands are in place, loosen the compression nut on the discharge side of the pump assmy. and see if any air leaks out. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:31 AM   #3

I was going to use wooden blocks between the airbags (front drivers and front passengers sides) as the air compressor is located right by the front air springs. If the air springs collapse the wooden blocks are there to prevent it. There is about 12" of height when the air springs are at its max.

If i use jack stands, what is a good place to put it under?
Old 03-23-2010, 02:43 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You will have to put them under the frame.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymann View Post
I have a HWH series 600 air leveling
It has a 12V auxiliary pump that keeps the level by waking up every 30mins and pumping air to bags that needs it.

The pump assembly has a pressure switch (115psi cut out/105psi cut in)
and a small air dryer in-line to the pump.

I would like to take out this assembly for servicing the pressure switch, air dryer and pump itself. What is the proper way to take this assembly out w/o dumping air from the air bags?

NOTE> i donot have hydraulic leveling, only air leveling.

jim
Jim,

Did you ever do this? I need to replace the pressure switch on this auxcillary air system, so you're learning experience would be most helpful.

Gil
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #6

Hi Gil
I did take out the 12V pump for inspection & cleaning and put it back. The air suspension didn't have to come down because there is a check valve between the pump and the rest.
I didn't take out the pressure switch because it seem to work.The HWH manual shows how to test the pressure switch. I did use two pressure treated wooden blocks (6"x6"x6") between the house and the chassis (on each side), right next to the air inflated bags (9" ride height), in case it came down.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymann View Post
Hi Gil
I did take out the 12V pump for inspection & cleaning and put it back. The air suspension didn't have to come down because there is a check valve between the pump and the rest.
I didn't take out the pressure switch because it seem to work.The HWH manual shows how to test the pressure switch. I did use two pressure treated wooden blocks (6"x6"x6") between the house and the chassis (on each side), right next to the air inflated bags (9" ride height), in case it came down.
Thanks Caymann. Now I just need to find that manual.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #8
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Go here for the manual:

HWH Service Manuals

You will need to know which sytem you have on your coach. Most lilely a 600 series unless you have a tag, then a 2000.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:13 AM   #9

I have a 600 series and also a tag axle