Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2022, 06:32 PM   #1

1989 Tiffin Allegro parts

Hello out there happy campers !
I am looking for the complete instrument cluster for the above vehicle. I am also searching for LPG gas fittings (recharge/barbeque point).
I will be looking for other bits and pieces soon, but these are the most important bits right now.

If anybody just happens to know of one of these RV's being stripped please let me know.

I live in hope for loads of replies.

Thank you to all.
choosy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2022, 06:47 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
What chassis is it built on?
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:55 AM   #3

There's nothing magical about the gas fittings. You can get them commercially, or from Amazon, e-Trailer, etc.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:00 AM   #4

I am lead to believe that it is built on a Chevy chassis with a 6.2 litre diesel V8.
Old 06-10-2022, 12:41 PM   #5

Great to see your participation on the forum. Welcome.

Does you instrument cluster look like the one I attached below? ...I think that one is from a 1988 Allegro.

If so, it's from a 1975'ish ('71-'79?) Chevy P-series step van and some G-series Chevy vans.

Here's a used one for $500 on ebay:

1971-1979 CHEVROLET GMC G10 G20 G30 P10 P20 P30 USED INSTRUMENT CLUSTER 25046469

As far as other other "parts" go, as has been mentioned, most if not all parts can be found by either identifying the specific manufacturer or will be generic parts that have application to many vans, trucks, or RVs.

There won't --or shouldn't-- that many parts that will be proprietary to Tiffin but if you do need such parts, check the salvage yards. If you need chassis parts, of course, GM or Chevy parts will be what you'd be looking for.

Here's a well known salvage yard (one of many across the country) but this one is well known and has a pretty good inventory of salvage units and that is Visone RV in Kentucky. They used to be able to track down some parts for you or keep you on a list if a specific part is needed and they happen to come across what you might need or what you're looking for. I'm not sure if they still do that or not but you can contact them to see.

Here's their Tiffin page but I don't see an older (vintage) unit listed in current stock but you might keep checking this page and/or contact them as they may know where to find the part you need:

Visone RV -- Tiffin Allegro salvage page

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	allegro instument cluster.png
Views:	22
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	367931  
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 02:59 PM   #6

Thanks for the reply Theroc. I have looked at the item you have suggested. It is not that one but this one. E bay item no:125144598318. I can't work out why the listing says it comes from a 90's vehicle.

I have looked at the salvage yard (visone) and am quite alarmed to see that most of the RV's are fire damaged. Is this a normal thing that happens to American RV's ? Having said that, the electrical system in this is a proper mess with wires loose and just hanging behind the dash without any clips or other ties of any sort.
So another essential job on the list !
Thanks everybody for your help and guidance during what may become a long and laborious renovation project.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:17 AM   #7

I used and drove the P-30 style trucks for over 30 years and always found the guys at Mill Supply to be most helpful.

www.millsupply.com
matcoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 07:58 PM   #8

I'm wondering if you really do have a '89? I base that on the instrument cluster you cited.

The ebay number you gave comes back to one that looks like the image below. Gas Allegros started having that instrument panel in 1991 and that is around the same time that Chevrolet started using the same or very similar instrument panel on the Yukon and Topkick ...I think it was in 1990 models when they started using it.

Here's an image of a 1991 Kodiak panel: HERE

Does yours have a tachometer? I've attached a screenshot of the instrument cluster from a 1991 Allegro below and notice that it doesn't have a tach like the Kodiak does.

But what I'm wondering is, if you really might have a 1990 or a 1991 Allegro and not a 1989? You might want to check the VIN to see how that matches up.

And yes, there were lots of motorhome fires ...many, as you might have had heard, were a result of the standard absorption refrigerators in the early to mid 2000s.

Attached Images

Old 06-13-2022, 02:14 PM   #9

I don't really know how to put pictures up here but I shall try to give it a go.
My flickr account is: David Sanderson

Here you will find pictures of the actual RV that I have.

The instrument cluster that you have a picture of is close to the same but the warning lights are integral to the cluster. I shall try to take a picture of the actual item when I am at the RV next. It is stored 15 miles away from me right now due to lack of space outside my home.

Many thanks for your replies and help. I am in the UK and am finding it hard to understand this new acquisition of mine.
Old 06-13-2022, 02:16 PM   #10

https://www.flickr.com/photos/195865...77720299768790
Old 06-13-2022, 09:43 PM   #11

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
google "Rv junkyards", there are many BIG ones, I have read
Old 06-14-2022, 12:23 AM   #12

Oh man, didn't know you are in the UK. I guess it will be a lot more difficult to get parts shipped across the ocean from salvage yards in the U.S.

Your rig looks in very good condition. I was surprised as I was expecting something much different.

Hopefully, members here will be able to suggest ways you can get parts more easily and can give you other advice as well.

There's a "Vintage RVs" forum here on iRV2. You might look around or search there and then ask specific questions in that forum as many are into restoring older RVs. Also, we have a "Tiffin Owner's Forum" but I'm not sure just how many Tiffin owners would be familiar with an older unit like yours but you may take a look there too.

Vintage RVs - RV's 20 years old or older

Tiffin Owners Forum

Tags
allegro, parts, tiffin