Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2022, 07:42 PM   #15

The dreaded ditch

So ive been gearing about this drainage ditch by the wimshield wipers and gonna take a look tommorow ..shes really in good shape pulled the carpet up front along with the ford mats to see what was underneath and no rust at all ..so i think i lucked out ..changed plugs today and managed to not break any plug boots or plugs... and she cranked right up ... next up is differentialfluid and figuring out where im going for my birthday on the 12th ...taking a week wethers shes done or not ...bought a motorcycle carrier that i want to retrofit with a winch to help me pull it up cause of the height of the rv seems sketchy to do it by clutch with nothing to grab on to ..but posted some pics of the engine and cab will.post better ones ...going to flex seal and maybe put a water/vapor/sound barrier down ...not sure what is the cheapest and best to dampen the engine sound and also give me a good water barrier plan to seal all the holes that the carpet left...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220626_132621.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	369427   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220626_132712.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	369428  

Seanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2022, 10:44 PM   #16

For noise .. on my 1993 ford conversation van and rv.. I used aluminized sound deadner.. hit favorite online store or a/p store.. there are many brands .. I tried the expensive stuff.. and it's great.. but at 1/2 the price the other is just has good.. I am on a budget and had a lot on area to cover.. so 1/2 price sound deadner for me.. 1 points order in bulk.. a lot of it.. do.. doors.. and floors and inside fenders.. on van.. which is same as yours.. maybe 4 big boxes.. save left overs for other parts of rv.. like gen bay.. you can't hear my gen run.. it can add up quickly.. so I did 1 box.. then 2 box.. as I could afford.. you have to wipe down with good solvent 1st.. follow directions on package.. in some places I used 2 coats/ sheets over each other..

Just my opinion.. take old pig of muffler off.. save it.. and add straight glass packs.. use slip type clamps.. in case you are not happy.. you can reverse.. but big difference..
If no smog in your area .. one if so inclined could gut the cat.. Hugh improvement.. but it's your call.. pull exhaust cat and muffler and experiment.. but if you go down this dark path.. I get a lot of flack.. then you must keep eng in top tune.. you will not pollute.. then there is a pulley that replaces the smog pump.. and I hate egr.. you can do that one too.. Hugh improvement.. just ideas .. not mine.. opinion.. but I is important to minimize polluting.. while getting long life and power..
More power rabbits..!!
Don't forget coolant.. and put the lowest temp thermostat you are comfortable with in.. I run 160.. no problem.. except if below 15.. I use cardboard and that worked great.. post a picture of your trans cooler.. I added big engine oil cooler on mine.. I get into outside temps 110 plus running front and rear a/c.. and never get past 180.. even while sitting in traffic.. keep extra serpentine belt or replace old one and keep as spare..
Good luck and keep us posted
Old 06-26-2022, 10:49 PM   #17

Oh.. love your bike.. I am broke right now.. but want to mount my bike on rv.. Suzuki c50.. maybe some day.. if you mount yours.. post a picture of of it.. I would like to know how it goes..
Old 06-28-2022, 04:42 AM   #18

So yeah that sounds like some good tips .... ill prolly do the thermostat and i did see the stuff about the smog pump and cat and all that but seems like a big job and dont really want to do something to the exhaust that i cant fix ...plus i dont have a welder yet so kinda limited on what i can do in my driveway ... and what do i do with all that piping that comes up from the cat and goes into the what looks like the egr .... egr looks fairly simple to take off and replace .... it looked really rusted and wonder if they fail often???? And if i were to take off cat smog pump i live in florida so no inspections but worried about other states ...can you get tickets if you modify the exhaust? And i heard you need a 3 inch shorter serp belt is that correct? I am all about getting more power but also dont want to jump into something thats past my expertise and screw something up then have to take it to a shop or pay someone to fix it ..so im staying in my lane but thanks for the tips and will post more pics once i get the winch setup on the back to load the mc
Seanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 01:53 PM   #19

So.. all mods done with basic hand tools.. I used sawzall to cut pipe at and before muffler.. then used slip clamps.. leave about 3in pipe left on muffler incase you want to reverse.. then put glass packs in.. watch many vids on you tube and search net.. for other mods.. don't do them all at once.. it is not illegal for you to modify anything you own.. it is only illegal to pay for mods to be done.. if you paid legally for it.. then you own it.. but if the state you live in.. required an emmision test to pass and get plates.. that is how they get you.. but with any changes we all have a responsibility not to pollute.. all of us..
So Ohio tried emmision testing.. and out of millions of cars.. each yr.. they only found very tiny amount of cars don't pass.. never tested semis or motorcycles.

So.. one can make mods.. and still not pollute.. I did.. and always passed emmision testing.. well with in limits.. I have glas packs on van.. so there are many different choices for performance muffler.. with my 20yrs glass packs still going.. I am way less louder than most of the motorcycle...

You leave egr Valve on.. just remove the tube.. and cap off both ends.. stuff that is cheapest.. if you don't already have one.. the best thing to get is a book.. on ford vans for your yr.. that will pay for itself and a ford obd1 scanner.. oh also don't cut cat off.. because that pipe is heavy stainless steel.. It will last forever.. just gut the cat.. and start engine and blow junk out.. then put on muffler.. I am not saying for you to do it.. just pointing out.. with experiment and see what you like an works..

Tags
e350, ems, problem, problems, rear