Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2010, 04:27 PM   #1

2000 Fleetwood Flair auto park light

Hi,
I have a 2000 Fleetwood Flair 30 H with the 454cu in and Workhorse chassis.
Anybody out there have any ideas on why the auto park light stays on and when it is shifted into reverse from a cold start the coach will not move. It will move, only after it is shifted into 1st then back to reverse. The relay that activates, when it is shifted from park to any drive position, is energizing but there appears to be no power on the contacts. That is about as far as I have got so far. Where can I get a wiring diagram?
godddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2010, 02:16 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello godddard and welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck and keep us posted.
Just a thought on the auto park brake issue; have you checked the fuses? How about the fluid level in the reservoir?
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #3

Flair auto park light

Thanks for the welcome. After further investigation on the problem, I found that the pressure switch(green - ac delco # 15961566) on the pump was bad and leaking fluid, $77 later and an easy installation we are back on the road again. I found one on Amazon for 55.97 including 1 day shipping to have as a spare,quite a bit cheaper.
Thanks again.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:13 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to frederick w
Hi
Does the green switch just screw in? Do I need any special tool for this switch? My light (auto park) is always on.
Fred Rubio, Pasco, WA.
frederick w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #5

Auto Park light switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by frederick w View Post
Hi
Does the green switch just screw in? Do I need any special tool for this switch? My light (auto park) is always on.
Fred Rubio, Pasco, WA.
Yes it just screws in.
It was very easy, I think I used a 9/16 open ended wrench and a little ptfe tape on the threads for good measure, very easy.
Dave, Prunedale Ca
Old 08-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #6

Hi
I also have a 2000 Flair.
Did you have to bleed the system when you installed the green switch?
Where are the fuses located for the auto-park?
Thanks again.
Fred Rubio from Pasco, Wa.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #7

No, didn't have to bleed system, just replace the part.
Unrelated to the present subject,have you had problems with your brakes ever?
Old 08-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #8

Fred, back again.
I only had this Flair for 2 months. It's in exc. cond. My auto-parks works fine. I'm just getting cold feet about about keeping the Flair in lew of all the auto-park problems.
Is everyone having this problem or does it just looks like alot in reference to the forums? PS: Where are the fuses located? Thanks for the response.
Fred from Pasco, WA.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:53 PM   #9

There's lots of info on this brake system at "The Chassis Club Forums" / "Workhorse Custom Chassis Motorhome Forum". Start with this thread: "Parking brake & trans. question".
tippytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #10

Fred, don't worry, I have had the Flair for 10 years and the Auto Park problem has only happened once. I haven't had occasion to change the fuse, but I think there are 2 locations for the fuses:- one being under the steering wheel area of the cab and then the other under the hood at the right side (as you look into the engine compartment).
The brake issue has happened twice, The first time , the front calipers froze and burned up the pads, the second time was because the first repair wasn't done properly. The disc caliper pistons get rusty,so if they are not exercised regularly, then the brakes may freeze, so to avoid this problem, I start the engine once every 2 weeks and pump the brakes, I haven't had a problem since I started doing this.
The Flair should be a good vehicle for you, I have been pleased with it.
Dave