Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2008, 04:21 AM   #1

hi every one, as we are on the road making our way to phoenix for the balance of our steering problem to be fixed we have encountered a electric problem .the dual power fridge and hwt do not have any 110 power to them and the fridge is leaking water even when on the propane mode.have contacted fleetwood who are trying to help get us to a repair faclity any one out there had a similar problem.ps the electric works off the generator,we are presently in Quartsite settling the co pilot after the drive this far with the steering problem she will not ride back home if steering not corrected properly soon,but this fridge is leaking and adding to her thoughts about flying home,so if there is a temporary fix i would appreiate some help.I cannot subjet her to any more agrevation so i am sort of stuck here until i get her settled down,Cheers Blake from Lake Cowichan BC Cnada
new owner of a 2008 Fleetwood 40X motorhome with Freightliner chassis 360 cummins .both wife and myself are retired and will start to do more rving with our puppies, Sheba and Pepper ,pictures to follow at later date.cheers Blake
Blake Sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2008, 04:21 AM   #2

hi every one, as we are on the road making our way to phoenix for the balance of our steering problem to be fixed we have encountered a electric problem .the dual power fridge and hwt do not have any 110 power to them and the fridge is leaking water even when on the propane mode.have contacted fleetwood who are trying to help get us to a repair faclity any one out there had a similar problem.ps the electric works off the generator,we are presently in Quartsite settling the co pilot after the drive this far with the steering problem she will not ride back home if steering not corrected properly soon,but this fridge is leaking and adding to her thoughts about flying home,so if there is a temporary fix i would appreiate some help.I cannot subjet her to any more agrevation so i am sort of stuck here until i get her settled down,Cheers Blake from Lake Cowichan BC Cnada
new owner of a 2008 Fleetwood 40X motorhome with Freightliner chassis 360 cummins .both wife and myself are retired and will start to do more rving with our puppies, Sheba and Pepper ,pictures to follow at later date.cheers Blake
Old 01-12-2008, 06:18 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Look for ALL of the GFI breakers and reset them, had a like problem and one GFI in the basement was tripped. As to the frig, Sounds like a cracked water line(maybe got frozen on the way south) to the Ice maker, if there is a valve to it or to the frig turn it off.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:02 AM   #4

thanks for the info Olyen,we have checked all the switches you mentioned found one in bathroom and one in salon beside tv none found in basement we talked to fleetwood and they said the same thing about the GFCI but they did not know where th 3rd one was had lots of fellow rvers looking also and we cannot find it can you tell me where yours is in the basement area,also the fridge leaks on elect or propane it has gotton worse since no elec had the same problem when i first got the unit home in Sept.i forgot to mention that there is also no power to the washer dryer 110 plug.if there is another GFCI switch and i could find it i think the problem would be solved except for the leak which i am still trying to locate without voiding the warranty on it.If you have the same motor home please let me kow about the location of the switch.we have had heat on the motor home all the time travellng,having been in the plumbing and heating bussiness for 40years do that automatically.hope you can help--cheers Blake
Old 01-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I don't have the same home but they seem to put them in the Bath area, Somewhere in the kitchen area, sometimes one in the bedroom area and mine in the basement is in the power bay.

LEN
Old 01-12-2008, 12:59 PM   #6

thank you Olyen,we will keep looking.-----Blake
Old 01-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Blake,

The only water to the fridge is to the ice maker. Turn it off at the shut off valve. I had my Dometic ice maker fill tube disengrate for about 18". It ruined part of my laminate flooring. The fridge had to be removed to replace the fill tube from the selnoid to the top, rear of the unit. Mine has a heater wire wrapped around the tube which activates below 32 degrees F. It must have been left on , maybe with no water in the tube, and it cooked the tubing.

The 120V problem sounds like a circuit breaker popped. If you haven't reset them, move the breakers HARD to the reset/off position and then back on. If you have a TV electrical outlet in a bay, there should be a GFI outlet for the TV to plug into-- you have probably checked that out by now.

Good luck, I feel for you man-- my wife would be a nervous wreck too.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #8

thanks Max we have done all of that--- cheers blake
Old 01-13-2008, 12:48 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Blake, one other place to look for loss of power is the inverter itself. It may have circuit breakers on the front of it and if tripped need to be reset. You may have to check the wires on the inverter to be sure none are loose. With power coming from generator but not shore power it sounds like an inverter issue. Were you able to turn off the water to ice maker? A cutoff valve is either behind refrigerator accessible from outside vent cover or possibly under kitchen or sometimes bathroom sink. Some even have a valve under the refrigerator if you have a storage cabinet there. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:16 AM   #10

thank you Mike and Amy for the much needed input we have had approx 10 fellow rvers come to our aid and you are right we did all that and checked the invertor even tried disconnecting it --turn 50 amamp off and pull the little breakers wait 1 minute return the 50 amp back on and return -push back in the little breakers,apparantly this will work sometime to completly rest things but it did not help this time our air conditioning will only draw 4 amp now with gen or 50 amp so i think i have lost a important part of the power system--cheers Blake
Old 01-13-2008, 07:37 AM   #11

Usually the water tap for the ice maker is after the water filter -- usually located under the kitchen sink. Look for a tap in line there with a turn stem that can be turned to shut off the water supply to the ice maker. You have probably already found that or maybe not.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:24 AM   #12

thank you Dave,the ice maker has not been on yet since we left home,but any and all info is gratefully received.--cheers Blake
Old 01-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #13

Blake,
Looks like you have checked all the electrical areas I know. The water problem could be the line to the icemaker. Even if you have not used it the water line is probably still open. You can find the shut off under the sink. It is the yellow line just behind the drain to the smaller of the two sinks. Turn the valve counterclockwise 1/4 turn to shut it off.
Joe
joliveti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:00 AM   #14

thank you Joe,we winterized the ice maker in Nov while the unit was sitting at my house and left it that way ,we usually took it out of our previous motor homes to give us much more freezer space and just use ice trays as we are doing now -(roughing it)Cheers