Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2015, 10:17 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to sc300turbo
2010 Winnebago Sightseer 35j slide issue after frame flexing

I'm new to rving but understanding things pretty well....yesterday I went for a ride to the keys to test out new tire pressures and my CHF , very happy with results but at one point while looking to park I gave the camper some angle and had quite a good lean going and twisted the frame a little. ...not permanent just could feel the flex. ...when I got home I put down the stabilizers and put out the slides. .well tried too...rear slide started to go out. .then gave a code (I didn't write it down. ..stoopid me) I overrode the panel and brought it back in. ...let it reset and it went out fine. ..then did the front slide and it looked like the rear motor was pushing while the front looked to be sticking...it the a code so I brought it back in. ...tried again. ...sticking again....got under and gave it a nudge on attempt 3 and it went out. ....brought it in and our once more and send to be working. .but a little noisy..like maybe it's binding a little. ...looking for input on how to check if everything is aligned and ok....thank you in advance. ..I'm ready to learn. .
Jeff
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I realize lots of manufacturers say to level, then put slides out. I believe on gas coaches it's best to deploy slides, then level. Our long lounge slide will bind if we reverse the procedure. Long gas coaches with leaf springs just flex more.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:06 PM   #3

When it comes to twisting the chassis and coach, the CHF is the worst thing you can do to it. The CHF decreases the flex in the suspension and will increase the flex in the rest of the unit when operated on an uneven surface. However the CHF will help handling and decrease any reaction to wind push. That is why I did the CHF to the rear axle, which has the greater sway control, and left the front axle to flex more. I have a 2013, 22,000 lb. chassis.

As far as leveling, level doesn't matter. It can be up or down in the front or back, or right side or left side, as long as the chassis and coach isn't twisted. I would always suggest using your leveling system before deployment of the slides, your chances of the coach body being straight and untwisted is better.
I always level manually and always finish by lifting the two front jacks as the last step to release the twist that leveling side to side creates. My instructions say to level side to side last, I think that's absolutely wrong.
It sounds like you may have created some alignment problems in your slides tracks. Do you know what brand of slide tracks you have?
alank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #4

What is the CHF you speak of. More acronyms that make it difficult to understand what people are talking about. SIOFGS.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:13 PM   #5

Cheap handling fix. It's just changing the mounting holes on the sway bars..
What is siofgs?

I'll be towing my 04 Rubicon soon also
Old 07-13-2015, 09:50 AM   #6

I have power gear slide outs

Tags
winnebago, slide, sightseer