Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Perhaps one of the least insightful postings I've seen in a while.
Too bad if you didn't like it. Since I can tell you first hand about Jayco quality, I feel well qualified to make that comment.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #30
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Let's knock off the contentious comments and get back on topic.

Thanks!

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
So if Kia buys Ferrari ???????
First, it is not out of the realm of possibilities. Second, if Kia brings in Ferrari engineers to start up its variant of the Ferrari (as Entegra brought in Newmar people to populate their factory and front office), if Kia maintained the solid engineering from the Ferrari heritage (as Entegra did from the Travel Supreme; as well as many of the workers from the Travel Supreme factory line), continues to use the same high quality Ferrari construction methods and designs (as Entegra matches Newmars approach, as ID'd by respected reviewers in national publications), and continued to rely on quality Ferrari craftsmen and women to build the car (as Entegra has with the same Amish craftsmanship as Newmar).....well, IMHO, Kia could successfully pull off buying Ferrari. Guess it just depends on how you build a coach...just saying'
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
2014 Entergra Conerstone vs 2014 King Aire ?????

Bottom line here is what ever one you are driving is a reflection of your success in this life, period .
Old 12-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #33

It seems to me that the biggest difference between a King Air & a Cornerstone (other than Comfort Drive & price) is.....in order to keep costs as low as possible the Cornerstone is pretty much a "production line" product, with very little opportunity for customization or unique personalization beyond the existing floorplans & accessories. On the other hand, my understanding of Newmar & the King Air is that it is more of a "semi-custom build"....(while still a production line product) vrs say a fully custom Prevost conversion. As a result....for those with sufficient. $$$..., the King Air may be a better buy ....as it gets you "more" of what you want vrs what the factory wants?
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:36 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
It seems to me that the biggest difference between a King Air & a Cornerstone (other than Comfort Drive & price) is.....in order to keep costs as low as possible the Cornerstone is pretty much a "production line" product, with very little opportunity for customization or unique personalization beyond the existing floorplans & accessories. On the other hand, my understanding of Newmar & the King Air is that it is more of a "semi-custom build"....(while still a production line product) vrs say a fully custom Prevost conversion. As a result....for those with sufficient. $$$..., the King Air may be a better buy ....as it gets you "more" of what you want vrs what the factory wants?
Good assessment and well stated, IMHO.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:30 AM   #35

Well, and for someone like me who's just starting the evaluation process, there is just so much to like about the Entegra Cornerstone. I and the wife are definitely in the camp where we want something that will last and last (hence being willing to look for probably more chassis than we probably need), but I really don't care about marble from Italy or hand rubbed nickel or any of that stuff that others really enjoy.

Probably the single biggest thing that the Newmar has that Entegra should put on the Cornerstone is Column Steering (they surely won't get to call it Comfort Drive). The wife isn't someone who will suffer sore shoulders lightly.

Seems to me if Entegra did add Column Steering, this would be a LOT harder question. And in keeping with the "Entegra is a product line type product", I'm pretty sure that especially with the Cornerstone if not entire line up, Entegra buyers would be thrilled to know Column Steering was included.

Oh, and sorry if I grabbed an old thread....
Mackeyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #36

The really big difference comes when ordering. Newmar, especially with the King Aire, will allow total customization.

Don't want the TV here, they'll put where you want. Don't like the size of that cabinet, they'll make it the size you want.

Entegra's price point doesn't give them that flexibility. They do give you a lot for the money.

For this amount of money you really need to call the Newmar factory and talk to the sales office. See exactly what you can get and for how much.

Real dollars, not internet speculation.

It's your money buying your dream. Do you really want to compromise?
Old 05-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #37

OK, rookies perspective. ;-) Both coaches far superior to mine. Take my feedback for what it is worth, nothing.

I have not stepped inside either of these coaches. But based on my 5 minutes of internet research I offer the following:

for $600-$900 grand I have to still have carpet on my slide?!!?!?! I just installed wood inn my AC revolution and I was able to replace all carpet. Not rocket science.

OK, the King Aire doesn't look like any "house" I would ever own. What I mean is that is is decorated like a fancy hotel room, but if I were remodeling my house I would never choose those materials. The cornerstone seems an extension of my stick home in terms of materials.

My $0.02. Cornerstone for me, even if money were no object. I have personally never been a fan of blinged out super shiny walls and ceiling interiors.

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post
OK, rookies perspective. ;-) Both coaches far superior to mine. Take my feedback for what it is worth, nothing.

I have not stepped inside either of these coaches. But based on my 5 minutes of internet research I offer the following:

for $600-$900 grand I have to still have carpet on my slide?!!?!?! I just installed wood inn my AC revolution and I was able to replace all carpet. Not rocket science.

OK, the King Aire doesn't look like any "house" I would ever own. What I mean is that is is decorated like a fancy hotel room, but if I were remodeling my house I would never choose those materials. The cornerstone seems an extension of my stick home in terms of materials.

My $0.02. Cornerstone for me, even if money were no object. I have personally never been a fan of blinged out super shiny walls and ceiling interiors.

Chris
Well, Chris, and that's why there are more than two coach makers. There are all sorts of different tastes out there at many different price points.

Turns out I'm with you. I'm very much in agreement about the Cornerstone. Pretty much, the only two things I like better about the King Aire are the Column Steering (Comfort Drive) and maybe the dash layout. The wife doesn't like the wood and I like that the King Aire is wrap around. The Cornerstone goes flat on the right side so that the climate controls look like a bit of a reach and the nav seems like it may be slightly farther away than it needs be. Maybe it's just the pic, but we both liked the King Aire dash better.

Anyway, seems to me if they just added the Comfort Drive to the Cornerstone, a lot of the more utilitarian customers would be right where they want to be, that's a K3 chassis with column steering and a comfortable, classy, but not blinged out living space. If I've said that before, I apologize.

I dunno. At the rate things are changing these days, I wonder if this comparison will even mean anything in a year. That said, they're both exceptional coaches and I'd proudly drive either, without hesitation or reservation.

I might purposefully evade chores, though...
Mackeyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I personally find it hard to believe the only differences on these 2 coaches for $200k-$250k is comfort drive and one being a production coach.

I haven't researched them and taking decorating tastes out of the equation, I would have to investigate the systems, hydraulics, transmissions, etc. If Newmar can charge $200k more for comparable coach's I need to find a way to invest in Newmar, as that is a great return on your investment.

I would attempt to find a dealer who sells both Manufacturers and see what comparison information they may be able to point out, but sometimes the dealers have less knowledge than the consumer.
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #40

There is some information on Spartans web site.

http://www.spartanchassis.com/rv/rid...r_kingAire.pdf

http://www.spartanchassis.com/rv/rid...ornerstone.pdf

Seems a bit a frame rail size difference.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:31 PM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
I think you'll find the King Aire has an upscale interior compared to the Cornerstone. In my mind, when I compared the two at Tampa at the show, the King Aire looked like halfway between Cornerstone and Newell. I think it depends a great deal on where you want to be with amenities on the K3 chassis with 600Hp. You getting more with King Aire, but you are paying a lot for it.