Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2016, 08:06 AM   #1

2017 Fleetwood Jamboree versus Dynamax Isata 4

Been looking at each of these new rigs and like the floor plans on both. Will be using the rig for months at a time and will be boon-docking for the most part and looking to stay at national forest, state camp grounds. Want the rig to be as 4 season as you can get and be able to be used without hook ups. So what do you guys think?
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2016, 04:06 PM   #2

Since nobody has responded, I was willing to do some research, compare the two, and offer an opinion. However, I can't find anything on the Isata 4 ...no specifications, no description, no build-features, etc. There's nothing on the internet that I can find; not even on the Dynamax website. Some dealers appear to have them on order but even they don't give a very detail description of the unit.

Are you using a physical brochure you obtained from a Dynamax dealership? If so, can you provide some of the features pertaining to construction, insulation factors, and other things that factor into how well it can hold up to extreme temperatures?

Seems almost impossible to give an opinion without knowing anything about the Isata 4 and not being able to find anything about it online.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #3

Thanks for offering to help me. Hope you had a nice Christmas

Since I posted this, I have learned quite a bit. Most Cs have hardly any carrying capacity especially if you must have dual pane windows, a RV ref, decent fresh water tank and room for solar. There is not anything formally on the Dynamax site yet but they don't have dual pane windows and despite a terrific layout it is not for me.

The Jamboree has the dual panes, RV ref, decent fresh water tank but is 12ft high, and little carrying capacity when you add the other stuff in not to mention a TPO roof.

An very interesting read I found here "https://supertransport.net/knowledge-is-power-pricing/". A little beyond me but the information is spectacular

Right now I am looking at the Born Free imperial, (gas), Nexus and Lazydez. They are more expensive but seem to offer quality unmatched by the factory type manufacturers.
I am sure they have their issues too as nothing is perfect.

My biggie is two golden retrievers, 2 and 4 years old, it is hard in the house but they are here to stay! I have decided to rent a rig for a week to see how it goes probably in March or April while the cost is still down. Can go to local campgrounds or even in the driveway to see how it works with the dogs.

Any suggestions, thoughts, experience or comments are always welcomed and appreciated.

Daniel
Old 12-26-2016, 01:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlegaleagle View Post
add the other stuff in not to mention a TPO roof.
What's your concern with TPO? I've owned rigs with fiberglass and TPO and really I don't see a huge advantage with fiberglass other than it's much more expensive to repair fiberglass if you do damage it. TPO is not EPDM.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:55 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
My biggest concern would be the dogs. My Jack is no longer with me but I can tell you from experience that dogs that size and age would be very crowded if they had to stay inside a coach the size you mentioned. Ours is a 40' with four slides. Jack was 120 lbs, half lab, half bloodhound and very laid back. I only had one dog not 2. He still needed his space on rainy days. As a young dog he was full of energy, I can't imagine 2 young ones in a small space. I think you are wise to rent and see how it goes before investing big dollars in a rig. Almost everywhere you go dogs have to be on a leash and few parks have dog runs. That might be a big holdup as Golden's like to run and play hard.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:57 PM   #6

"My biggest concern would be the dogs"

You are 100% right! I will be renting to see how it works with them but I believe it can work for them and me.

Personally, if it were just me I would get a class C under 28. But with them I am looking at 31-33 ish. As I have said in other posts, I am lucky enough to be able to look at the super (gas) Cs although I will rent a class C 30 foot just to get a feel for it. Been a boater and while it was a pain the a**, we managed. At least I don't have to "lift" them onto the dock!

The worst nightmare so far is searching for a RV that is built well, has decent size tanks, carrying capacity, a RV ref and room for solar on top. Will be mostly boondocking, dry camping whatever you want to call it. People should be more like dogs

Daniel

Tags
fleetwood