Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2022, 08:18 AM   #1

2020 for sale with two previous owners. Should I be concerned?

I'm looking at a 2020 class c that has already had two owners. Normally, I'd be concerned, but with covid impulse buys being a real thing, I'm thinking I don't need to be quite as worried? Or is that still a red flag? What are your thoughts?

Reason for current owner selling: They've done what they wanted to do with it, enjoyed it, and are now selling.

Edited to say it's a Tiffin and has a transferable bumper to bumper warranty, both of which make me feel a little better.
4tfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2022, 08:23 AM   #2
Community Moderator

It would make me a little uneasy. Definitely have a thorough professional inspection done to be sure they aren’t selling it to get rid of a “lemon”
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 08:30 AM   #3

Is the RV on consignment or a private deal ?

Service records available ? From both owners ?
Old 06-26-2022, 08:33 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tfamily View Post
I'm looking at a 2020 class c that has already had two owners. Normally, I'd be concerned, but with covid impulse buys being a real thing, I'm thinking I don't need to be quite as worried? Or is that still a red flag? What are your thoughts?

Reason for current owner selling: They've done what they wanted to do with it, enjoyed it, and are now selling.
What condition is the rig? Is it in need of missed maintenance issues, such as the chalking on the roof, condition of the outside sealant around windows, items such as these question you would need to look for?

Unroll the awning and check to see if there is any damage or if there are any mold issues.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 08:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Is the RV on consignment or a private deal ?

Service records available ? From both owners ?

It's a private deal. We'd have to travel several states away to see it, but would have a certified inspector take a look, if we got to that point.

Haven't asked about service records yet, but will.

As I've mentioned in my edit of the original post, it's a Tiffin with a bumper to bumper transferable warranty.
Old 06-26-2022, 08:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
It would make me a little uneasy. Definitely have a thorough professional inspection done to be sure they aren’t selling it to get rid of a “lemon”

Does my edit saying that it's a Tiffin and has a bumper to bumper transferable warranty make you less uneasy?
Old 06-26-2022, 09:07 AM   #7

It just depends most new buyers don’t have a clue what they are getting.
Old 06-26-2022, 09:20 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Two owners in such a short time. I would want all of the service records as well as the info from the servicing dealers. I would strongly suspect that here are issues with the RV and insist on a complete RV and chassis inspection prior to purchase.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 09:27 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
As a cheap initial inspection just do a Car Fax search with the VIN #. It may show nothing and then, it may reveal some important issues. It will cost about $40 or so.
rvbiker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 09:38 AM   #10

Maybe that previous owners didn't like the way it handled going down the road. If it has no suspension upgrades could be all over the road. I'd still think a through inspection is in order.
Old 06-26-2022, 10:05 AM   #11

When we bought our Airstream earlier this year it seemed to good to be true. Late model, all the options we wanted, barely used and a motivated seller. I drove the 800 miles from Orlando to Virginia to see it myself and made him an offer contingent on a professional inspection and me selling my current trailer. Once I saw it I knew it was a winner and was confident in my personal inspection a pro inspection would not be necessary. If this seems like a good deal to you it may be worth a drive or flight up to see it. Having 2 owners in 3 years or so is not necessarily a red flag. It just may not be what the other owners wanted or needed. The advise others are giving about car fax, service records and car fax are also good ideas.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 10:23 AM   #12

Tiffin and class C on what chassis? The Sprinters dont usually have a lot of carrying capacity. As Tiffin expanded to class Cs and 5th wheels, under the son's leadership, quality suffered.
Check it out thoroughly and make sure that it suits your needs. Hopefully the first two owners dealt with the build issues, but don't just rely on brand name.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 10:35 AM   #13

If it's a Tiffin Wayfarer (28TM) built on a Ford E 450 and about 30' long with no slides, it was made to be a rental. Let's just say original build quality is suspect.
Old 06-26-2022, 11:03 AM   #14

I bought a 2020 Dynamax, sold and bought a 2019 Newmar 37' Ventana, then traded for my current coach. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the previous two. Life changed.

Tags
for sale, sale