Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2021, 01:19 PM   #1

2021 Cornerstone: Grey/Black Tanks won't Empty

Hi, before calling the hotline, I'm looking for some high probability suggestions to allow me to diagnose and fix this problem. Entegra Cornerstone 2021. Even with the macerator running and the valve opened, neither tank will empty. Not the sensor as both tanks show increased fill since yesterday.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	66231367838__21A8DE3F-F773-47E3-97B7-EBBB5019B2C3.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	352367  
eroyceus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2021, 03:26 PM   #2

Not my type of setup but after 2 hours of no comments: are your hoses hooked up and tight? (I know the hose is smaller). There may be a sensor that prevents dumping if hoses are not connected properly. Did you check the hose for a blockage? Kink?

Now you will get some more informed answers.
John Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 04:00 PM   #3

Valves open behind the panel?
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 04:41 PM   #4

How is that even possible if you have a hose connected and pull the levers to each tank? They are gravity fed and if the door is opened things are going to flow. Unless you have some type of magical tank than I have never heard of.
Old 12-27-2021, 05:32 PM   #5

American Coach Owners Club
Not familiar with your rig, or electric dump controls either.

I'm guessing you have no pwr at the switches, probably a master switch to prevent accidental dumping. Just a guess, have u dumped this rig before or is this your first attempt?
Green D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 05:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eroyceus View Post
Hi, before calling the hotline, I'm looking for some high probability suggestions to allow me to diagnose and fix this problem. Entegra Cornerstone 2021. Even with the macerator running and the valve opened, neither tank will empty. Not the sensor as both tanks show increased fill since yesterday.

Thanks!
I would think you have electrical gate valves because gravity is undefeated. In all seriousness, you most likely have a manual bypass where you can pull the lever to dump. If that works than check to see is you have power going to the valves. It may simply be a circuit is turned off or a fuse is bad but for both valves to go bad at the same time is doubtful.
Old 12-27-2021, 08:12 PM   #7

Do you really know there is product in the tanks?...could be the level sensors have a piece of junk on them and that will give you a false reading...happened to me.. panel still read 3/4 full when it was empty....I flushed out the tank with the special hose tool through the toilet and Walla!...it worked
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 07:29 AM   #8

Thanks for all the comments. Here's a short list of replies:

-- hose is integrated to system: it's attached to the outlet of the macerator pump. Ours is brand new so unlikely to be clogged. Feels like nothing is going into it.
-- not sure about power: the switch itself lights up so I assume that indicates it has power but you never know so I will have a look at fuses/breakers
-- yes, I will try the manual dump (for non-Entegra owners, the system has powered gate valves with a manual bypass at the bottom of the wet bay). Was kinda hoping to avoid it but good training (I guess)
- "Valves open behind the panel" -- interesting....the hose was just installed so maybe they cut off the valves. Will check.
Old 12-31-2021, 12:56 PM   #9

Found the problem: there is an emergency cutoff valve deep inside the bay which was shut off when the dealer changed the leaky sewer hose under warranty. Once I opened it, all was good. Thanks again for the suggestions.
Old 12-31-2021, 01:15 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroyceus View Post
Found the problem: there is an emergency cutoff valve deep inside the bay which was shut off when the dealer changed the leaky sewer hose under warranty. Once I opened it, all was good. Thanks again for the suggestions.
Awesome news, just as they all said, the valve was NOT open.
OK it was the Emergency Backup to the Backup Dealer dumb Dumb Valve.
But that's OK because you found it.

Have a very very Happy New Year and get out there and camp
Old 01-02-2022, 06:27 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
When we did our dealer PDI, the tech mentioned that we should travel with the manual valve shut off, just in case the electric valves don't fully seat. Help prevent a mess when you are connecting up to the sewer tie it. I put it on my hook up/ break down check list to make sure I have it in the correct position.

As you know, you can tell right away by pump noise when there is no flow.

cheers,
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 08:59 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Glad you got your problem solved. One option I'm glad I don't have is electric dump valves.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 09:16 AM   #13

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
Glad you got your problem solved. One option I'm glad I don't have is electric dump valves.
You and Me Too...I'll just stick with the tried and true stinky slinky and manual valves..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, black tank