Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #29

Here is my take on 303 are any other similar product. If your RV has a clear cost, nothing is required for protection. In fact, you don't even need to use "wax". Today's paints, formulated for automotive use, is not like it was in the old days, you don't have to use a cleaner then apply wax. Same for cars, just soap and water will do the job. Now, if you have a lot of spare time on your hands and you need something to keep you busy then washing, waxing, polishing wheels and other such things you did when you were 18 years old, then by all means have at it. IMO these are "feel good" tasks and are not require to protect the finish or your vehicle.

Jim E
Pairajays is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairajays View Post
Here is my take on 303 are any other similar product. If your RV has a clear cost, nothing is required for protection. In fact, you don't even need to use "wax". Today's paints, formulated for automotive use, is not like it was in the old days, you don't have to use a cleaner then apply wax. Same for cars, just soap and water will do the job. Now, if you have a lot of spare time on your hands and you need something to keep you busy then washing, waxing, polishing wheels and other such things you did when you were 18 years old, then by all means have at it. IMO these are "feel good" tasks and are not require to protect the finish or your vehicle.

Jim E
What he said.

But....like on my 1994, the look is dull now (even though it shines when your up close). So....after I finish removing the old and cracked vinyl stripes, I am gonna wax it. Maybe I should use this 303 stuff instead of the professional floor wax I was reading about last year. ???
Old 11-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr300ce View Post
What he said.

But....like on my 1994, the look is dull now (even though it shines when your up close). So....after I finish removing the old and cracked vinyl stripes, I am gonna wax it. Maybe I should use this 303 stuff instead of the professional floor wax I was reading about last year. ???
My post about no need for wax or any thing else was directed to MHs with a clear coat. If you have vinyl stripes you probable do not have a clear coat. In that case your have to really work to keep it looking good. That means buffing the gelcoat periodically. Been there, done that.

Jim E
Old 11-08-2011, 04:09 AM   #32

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
My post about no need for wax or any thing else was directed to MHs with a clear coat. If you have vinyl stripes you probable do not have a clear coat. In that case your have to really work to keep it looking good. That means buffing the gelcoat periodically. Been there, done that.

Jim E
Why not use a product that will afford some UV protection to all surfaces, paint, clear coat, gel coat, vinyl graphics, TPO,EPDM , awnings, slide toppers, tires, and the list goes on and on.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:51 AM   #33
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound

Why not use a product that will afford some UV protection to all surfaces, paint, clear coat, gel coat, vinyl graphics, TPO,EPDM , awnings, slide toppers, tires, and the list goes on and on.
My MH lives in Fl. and I agree. Plus I enjoy it. And no , I'm not available to do anyone else's. That would be cheating , and my MH would not like it.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
As i said, if you have a clear coat, nothing is needed. IMO, no product on the market, will protect or extend the life of the things you illuded to. Some products will sometimes improve the appearance for short periods of time. It partly boils down to monetary and labor costs. I used to do all those things because other folks were doing it. i finally realized all it did was keep me busy.

Jim E
Old 11-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #35

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
As i said, if you have a clear coat, nothing is needed. IMO, no product on the market, will protect or extend the life of the things you illuded to. Some products will sometimes improve the appearance for short periods of time. It partly boils down to monetary and labor costs. I used to do all those things because other folks were doing it. i finally realized all it did was keep me busy.

Jim E
Your opinion is accepted and respected and so should everyone elses.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
Your opinion is accepted and respected and so should everyone elses.
I agree completely. I have never shown disrespect to anyone that disagrees with my opinion.

Even though they are wrong.

Jim E
Old 11-15-2011, 04:00 AM   #37

Quote:

Jim E
Jim I tend to agree with you, whole lot of feel good work going on. I have enough to do on the coach just keeping up with normal scheduled maint. and repairs, but to each his own. I just as soon spend my time with a cool bev. camping. Also JMHO whats up with all the floor care products (Red Max) and other stuff applied to the paint and gelcoat HUM, old fashion washing and wax once a year (applied by a detail man that knows gelcoat) seems to work best on my paint and gel coat, and grapics.
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #38

Damon Owners Club
Which Protectall 303 product is being used on the exterior motor home finish? I went to their web site and came away confused on which product to use rather than waxing. They have a big product line and all products are Protectall 303 or it seems like it.
capndan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #39

I use the 303 Protectant on the fiberglass on my MH. I have found is works extremely well and nothing sticks to the MH, which makes for very easy cleaning. After sitting for five months in a storage lot, I was impressed at how much MH still shined. I understand it also protects the decals. You want to make sure the MH is clean before you use it. They just came out with a new product, a Speed Detailer which cleans and can be used on a variety of surfaces. I just used it on my MH and it really cleaned it well while putting on a lite coat of 303 Protectant. I will use the regular 303 Protectant next time as the Speed Detailer is meant to be used between "waxings".
bearaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #40

You dont have to use Redmax 3 unless your paint job is shot its not for use on a perfectly good paint job. It just brings back the shine to dull finishes. And no its not a wax.. My 15 yr old coach looked like crap. It provided a shine that was unbelievable and made the coach look like new. You apply it once a year. But remember you have to clean the coach well before applying or you'll be locking the grime in and have to scrub all over again with bartenders friend...(a cleanser) Mines been on for a year and still looks new..
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote