Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2005, 03:34 PM   #1

we have a 1988 Bounder 34"...we need a complete computer station..has any one done this and if so what did you do?

we are thinking of taking out the couch and adding a recliner then put the desk behind the drivers seat...

any ideas will be helpful....thankshttp://rv-living-magazine.com/
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2005, 03:34 PM   #2

we have a 1988 Bounder 34"...we need a complete computer station..has any one done this and if so what did you do?

we are thinking of taking out the couch and adding a recliner then put the desk behind the drivers seat...

any ideas will be helpful....thankshttp://rv-living-magazine.com/
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 05:20 PM   #3

Hi Sharon:

What your talking about is very possible, the only question I have is, Have you thought of getting a Laptop, it would take up less room and you could still build a desk and have more space.

What I did in my Winnebago Itasca, is remove the dinette, built a cabinet on that wall with a table that folds in the cabinet and another folding table for my Laptop, then We bought a Lazyboy for my wife and an office chair for me, works out great. I also replaced the carpet in the living area with Laminate flooring.

If it wouldn't so hard to get to my MH through the snow, I could send you some pictures, but It'll be quite some time before the snow is melted enough to get to it in the back yard.

Good luck:
Old 03-27-2005, 04:22 PM   #4

When we had our stove top/oven installed they had to remove two drawers. We run two home based businesses out of our motorhome. My husband took the two drawers and built a cabinet for them on a board that reaches side to side across the dinette seats. We didn't want to loose the storage under the seats and this was a way to keep it.

We don't eat at the table but there is seating for one on each side if needed (like when grandkids come.) Our 'hp 4 in 1' is sitting on one drawer, the b/w printer fits perfectly between the two drawers, and my laptop stays on the table except when moving. I use a USB port for the printers, floppy drive, cell phone data cable for internet access and I use a USB port for a wireless optical mouse. I just unplug the cell phone data cable when I need to upload digital photos from my camera. I also have two stacking trays sitting on the table next to the window. Under the table I store our file boxes.

This has worked out great for us. We hope to eventually remove the hide-a-bed and replace it with two comfy chairs - but that is another story!!
Charlotte

2000 Sea View 34' Ford V10
rvgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:35 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
The possibilites are endless. It depends on what room you have available, you imagination and your pocket book. I added a DIY Jotto style table to my dog house and it servers me well. I plan to make a computer/storeage cabinet for the area that are table and chairs set in.

If you do a search for DIY Jotto you should find my post and pictures.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:57 PM   #6

When we ordered our 2003 Journey DL39QD, my wife insisted that we have two couches. Well, as it turned out, the one was a Banquett Loung with storage below. Now it was nice, but it really didn't serve any purpose for us. I hate watching TV from an angle and then get a stiff neck.

Please, what ever you do when you order a new or buy a used coach, don't sacrifice the comforts that you have at home. Buying a coach with furniture that appeals to the fo-fo set, just won't make it when your on the road.

Now, to each their own, but if it's uncomfortable, it uncomfortable...
And yes it can be changed.

Last year at the GNR in Forest City, we ordered a computer desk from the 2004 line up. It just so happens, that the 2003 Journey DL39QD and the 2004 Vectra/Horizons are the same inside. I bet you didn't notice that? Well any way, we ordered the computer desk, which took almost 2 months to get, but it was worth the wait. Winnebago's wood shop did a great job and the shipping dept followed up with a great job of packing it. We didn't order the recliner, because they had to many problems with the factory unit, which only has a one year warranty. We did ourselves better and found a LazyBoy swivel/rocker recliner that matches our leather and the oak interior perfectly. As it turns out, my wife and I challenge each outher to see who gets the recliner for our nightly tv programs. It's just like having the comforts of home, and isn't that what it's suppose to be?

Tomcat F15