Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2018, 03:28 AM   #15

Thank you to all for replying and taking an interest in thread.
We are looking at a used gas 7+ sleeper Class A. Pretty much have decided that a bunkhouse model may be in our future and we have one lined up that may soon become ours. *fingers crossed*
I have more questions to ask soon but I will save those for after the holidays.
Happy Thanksgiving to All!
Luv2CUSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2018, 03:39 PM   #16

My wife and I just did this 3 weeks ago. One way that I tried to ensure that the rv was in his possession was to ask for a very off the wall photograph that would not be in a normal owners possession. Our trip was a 9 hour one way drive so I also made sure to do some digging on the owner of the rv through facebook and also gis websites of the area the owner lived just to make sure that it was a real person and not a fake account. I tend to over research though so most would not do this.

I ended up making the drive and took a mechanic with me who also has owned and worked on rv's for years. I researched what to look for in older rv's as far as water damage and problems that were reported in the actual rv line I was looking at. I felt pretty good going in that my buddy or I would recognize most problems with the rv that would be very costly. We tested all of the major appliances including the fridge and found them to be in working order we thought. The fridge was not cold yet because we had just started it but checked the back and found the coils heating so thought it was good to go. Needless to say that on the trip back it quit cooling at all and come to find out it ended up leaking out. This was my fault for not having him get it cold prior to me meeting him. Even with this large cost wise of an appliance repair we still made out ok because I had already negotiated the price lower just in case I had some items that needed fixing which there will always be in an older rv.

My suggestion is to make sure to check all appliances and if you have a mechanic buddy have them come along to check the mechanicals which could be the more costly side of it. We came out great in the deal and got an amazing older class c rv that we intend to keep for another 15 years until I retire.
jpies2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
You can see my rig from SPACE. Google earth his address and see what is there.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice