Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2023, 11:34 AM   #1

air purifier for RV

With several area's around the nation as well as Canada experiencing severe wildfires and heavy smoke, does anyone have suggestions for cleaning the air inside the RV to help, especially at night when trying to sleep? I have a 44 ft class A DP with 8 golf cart batteries so should be able use the inverter to supply 120 volt overnight. Looks like 400 sq ft floor area size would be right size.
DADSDOGHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2023, 04:03 PM   #2

I see this one that rates high and is at the top of many reviews in the RV publications, etc. I've seen lately:

LEVOIT Air Purifier -- through Amazon

However, we have pretty much deciided to order these (it's for our house and not RV, however) as you get two for about the same price and they are just as highly rated in the Amazon reviews ...there's currently a 20% off coupon being offered:

2Pack Druiap Air Purifiers
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 04:45 PM   #3

We use Santa Fe products (Dehumidifiers and Air Purifiers) in our home and MotorCoach. I purchase all of them through Sylvane.com. Sylvane has specific air purifiers for smoke of several brand names. It shows they are offering a 10% off discount by using code SMOKE10.
Old 06-10-2023, 09:51 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Never really thought about running one in the motorhome. It seems that the last few summers, we ran into wildfires in different areas. Those two linked have pretty high ratings.

Can anyone speak to how much noise they make, are they pretty quiet for an RV. I see the first one has a nighttime quiet mode.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 10:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Never really thought about running one in the motorhome. It seems that the last few summers, we ran into wildfires in different areas. Those two linked have pretty high ratings.

Can anyone speak to how much noise they make, are they pretty quiet for an RV. I see the first one has a nighttime quiet mode.
It's interesting that you mentioned noise levels as that was important to us too. The ones we're about to order (Druiap) actually have lower noise levels than the more expensive Levoit one in the first link ...20 dB opposed to 24 dB. We looked through the reviews and many commented on how quiet the Druiap pair are. I'm not sure if the fan can be used on the lower speed without the night light being on or not --we'll have to see when we get them.

(source: from Druiap description on Amazon page)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon.com 2Pack Druiap Air Purifiers for Home Bedroom up to 690ft² H13 True HEPA Filter Air Cle.png
Views:	15
Size:	546.4 KB
ID:	395041  
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 11:57 PM   #6

Living in California, we've had to get a few air purifiers to deal with the fire seasons. We like these a lot. I have even brought them into the RV on some trips. They use very little power, are very quiet on the low and medium settings, and the replacement filters are reasonably priced.

https://www.amazon.com/Coway-AP-1512...s%2C156&sr=8-3
CyrusL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 02:08 PM   #7
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc
I see this one that rates high and is at the top of many reviews in the RV publications, etc. I've seen lately:

LEVOIT Air Purifier -- through Amazon
Our kid uses this one and bought us one for the house. Wow, the amount of dust in the house has about dropped to zero even running that thing on its lowest fan speed. I vacuum the filter once a week. We'll be taking it with us on the next motorhome trip to try and cut the dust inside down. I think it'l over-achieve.

Ray
Old 06-13-2023, 09:29 PM   #8

OP here, thanx to everyone for the feedback, yesterday I was at an outlet/overstock store and found a Levoit model LV-H132 for $62.85. Nice small footprint, 8" width by 12" tall cylinder, built in nightlite (can be switched off), and only draws 28 watts, and has 3 fan speeds. Says cleans up to 198 sq foot area, sounds about right for a RV and very compact.
DADSDOGHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air