Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2006, 02:53 PM   #1

The alarm system installed on my motorhome has started to mis-behave; about 15 seconds after it has been armed, the alarm starts sounding. This is the kind of alarm system that has sensors on the coach doors and some of the storage bay doors. I've done the simple things: checked to be sure all the sensors are still attached and checked to be sure each sensor battery is OK.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how I can diagnose this problem? Is there a way to manually override the sensor mechanisms one-by-one, so I can figure out which is responsible for the false alarm?

Sorry, I don't know the brand; I only know the sensors are from GE Interlogic.

Carmichael, CA
tallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2006, 02:53 PM   #2

The alarm system installed on my motorhome has started to mis-behave; about 15 seconds after it has been armed, the alarm starts sounding. This is the kind of alarm system that has sensors on the coach doors and some of the storage bay doors. I've done the simple things: checked to be sure all the sensors are still attached and checked to be sure each sensor battery is OK.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how I can diagnose this problem? Is there a way to manually override the sensor mechanisms one-by-one, so I can figure out which is responsible for the false alarm?

Sorry, I don't know the brand; I only know the sensors are from GE Interlogic.

Carmichael, CA
Old 11-14-2006, 03:18 PM   #3

I remember I had a truck after system installed a few years back.And as You had the darn thing going off.I went back to the instaler and they were 2 mins. doing a re program seems The truck had a leak down in the voltage after it sat for a hour they said this was not uncomen with Cars and Trucks of today and not a big deal so they just re-programed the alarm and the battery drain end was turned off...That was the interior light comming on per say that set the thing off nothing other than that changed I thought O.K. the doors were bugged and the hood so I can live with out the int.light setting it off...Hope I have helped ...Bushman
Old 11-16-2006, 04:33 AM   #4

Jim,

do you know where the main panel is, we need to find out if there is a resister on the loop,
if there is not its very easy to test...
but finding the loops is kinda tuff.. ya need the main panel so you can got on the end of the loop with a multi-meter if it has resisters
ya go for the resister size
if ya get the name of the alarm system i can probably get the book... if ya find the main panel tell me i can probably help ya...
Old 12-06-2006, 12:42 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WaveMaker:

if ya get the name of the alarm system i can probably get the book... if ya find the main panel tell me i can probably help ya... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WaveMaker,

Sorry it's taken so long for me to respond. It's no excuse, but I've been traveling.

The main panel is readily accessible, on the side wall near the driver's feet. It's labeled "ITI Wireless" and a label on the inside of the removeable front panel says it's from GE Security.

I don't have any documentation, so it will be GREAT if you can come up with a manual.

Carmichael, CA