Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2019, 04:01 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Another “Replace jackknife sofa with recliners” question(s)

I’ve read numerous posts on this forum and others about replacing the jackknife sofa with recliners. I’ve watched Recpro’s video on installing their recliner/loveseat.
A couple of things concern me.
1. In the video, it appears that the loveseats are not attached to the floor
2. Recpro has a disclaimer on their website that says “Any modification outside of manufacturer’s suggested use (including, but not limited to, adding or removing mounting hardware, seat belts, brackets, clamps, etc.) immediately voids all warranties and waives liability from the manufacturer and all their subsidiaries”
To me, this means their unit is not intended to be hard mounted or to have the seatbelts from the sofa used with the new installation.
My question(s) are, has anyone hard mounted these seats in their RV and then had a warranty issue that was accepted or rejected? Is there an issue using these seats, with a seatbelt while driving down the road?
Thanks for any responses.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2019, 04:44 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKO View Post
I’ve read numerous posts on this forum and others about replacing the jackknife sofa with recliners. I’ve watched Recpro’s video on installing their recliner/loveseat.
A couple of things concern me.
1. In the video, it appears that the loveseats are not attached to the floor
2. Recpro has a disclaimer on their website that says “Any modification outside of manufacturer’s suggested use (including, but not limited to, adding or removing mounting hardware, seat belts, brackets, clamps, etc.) immediately voids all warranties and waives liability from the manufacturer and all their subsidiaries”
To me, this means their unit is not intended to be hard mounted or to have the seatbelts from the sofa used with the new installation.
My question(s) are, has anyone hard mounted these seats in their RV and then had a warranty issue that was accepted or rejected? Is there an issue using these seats, with a seatbelt while driving down the road?
Thanks for any responses.
I would call recpro with your question. I replaced the jack knife couch with a recpro 2 recliner unit. I added 4 L bracket mounts to mine. This was about 2 years ago.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:14 PM   #3

I replaced the sofa in my Forester, it was “lightly” fastened to the floor with small lag screws. But the seatbelts in mine are not part of the couch they are bolted to the floor behind it.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:37 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
I would call recpro with your question. I replaced the jack knife couch with a recpro 2 recliner unit. I added 4 L bracket mounts to mine. This was about 2 years ago.
I did just that.
The response was “You can attach the pieces to the floor if you wish. There will be pre-drilled holes in the metal frame underneath. Unfortunately we cannot give any recommendation to installing the furniture, for liability reasons.”
I guess I can use their mounting holes and use the same method of attachment as the sofa I’m replacing has.
Thanks
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:30 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Installed recpro recliners in a class c, removed the jackknife sofa,used the same holes on the rear to anchor them with some fabricated brackets, and seat belts do come through the recpro recliners ( did not remove seatbelts)
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, recliner, replace