Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Anyone change generator fuel hose from tank to fuel pump?

I have a W-22 workhorse chassis and I understand that workhorse has two metal lines coming out of top of fuel tank; 1 for supply and 1 return line. My questions are:
1. What is the inside diameter of fuel hose needed to fit onto the nipple that sticks out of fuel tank? and
2. Since I have to drop the fuel tank to get to the location where the rubber fuel line attaches to the nipple, has anyone devised a way to make a permanent solution for a deteriorating fuel hose?

I am thinking of either braided ss hose or even better ss fuel line (rigid) so that it is a one-and-done forever solution. By the way I have an Onan Marquis Platinum 5.5Kw fuel injected generator. I wonder if Oemy has already made this improvement? Thanks in advance for your suggestions and answers!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How did you make out with your changeout I have just discovered a leaking fuel line to my gen and have to drop the tank am now looking for help on how to do this I also have 2003 dolphinLX 6320 I did recieve a reply from another member that told me that the original line is only rated for 50psi and we require 150psi but now that national is out of business there will be no recourse
Medic318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:28 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The fuel line from the motorhome tank to the generator has very little pressure on it; in fact it is a vacuum. From the generator fuel pump to the carburetor or fuel injection is the pressure side.
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #4

I had a two leaks in the line from the fuel pump to the main tank. they had run the line over the frame and it had cut two small hole in the line. I just cut out the bad part and replaced it with about three foot of gas line I got at auto parts, works great, you can get the connectors there also. I also have a Onan Marquis Platinum 5.5.
wcombs34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had to scrap the idea of dropping the tank, it is very heavy! I decided to do the next best thing. I cut the hose as far up the side of the tank as I could and replaced the hose with metal fuel line and ran that to the generator's fuel pump. So far the generator has been working great, but I know that eventually I will need to replace the short hose that runs along the top of the gas tank.