Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2009, 01:49 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Anyone in CA having problems filling up with gasoline ?

Do the new "clean air" OVERSIZED gasoline pump nozzles fit thru your door and into your filler tube?

If not, have you found a solution?

Anyone in CA using the McCuff adapter? Go to McCuff® "No Splash, No Spill, Motorcycle Fill" Everyone Wants One! No Clicking Nozzles! More Miles from Tank! Top-Off EZ, Unique Motorcycle Biker Gift Fathers Day! Gas up your motorcycle with ease!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #2

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

Filling my Jeep I hav'nt noticed any change in the nozzle and Flying J just installed new pumps. The diesel pumps on the truck islands are larger than gas and I have not had a problem fueling my M/H.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Are You advertising something here?
Old 10-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Don't know about the gasoline in CA but I filled up my truck yesterday at a local Chevron here in Lafayette LA and gas was $1.99/gallon. Of course that was a customer appreciation day.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:21 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
YES. The California Air Resources Board has ordered all California Service stations to install a "new" low emission gas fuel nozzle. There always changing up things at California Service Stations. I have run into this nozzle lots when "trying" to add gas to my Winnebago. Seems the nozzle design does not allow the correct "fit" into the fuel filler on the Motorhome. Not getting the nozzle to fit means you have great difficulties getting your fuel. The item Scooter mentions is a fix to help us California owners of Winnebago motorhomes get our fuel on board. A fix is need as it seems Winnebago is not going to fix their design problem and of course the Air Board could care less that we have a problem.

I am attaching a picture of "the" nozzle. I have seen and used this exact type lots. The nozzle also is quite large and hits the top of the fuel door. Then you have to stand and hold the "rubber" boot up and then hold the nozzle had an angle to get it to flow fuel. An then if you push too much fuel through it closes off. One place took me like 10 minutes of standing and holding at the right angle to get 30 gallons of gas. After that I gave up. If the McCuff works it will be a great help for the investment.
Attached Images

Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #6

Same nozzle as they have had for years. Turn it on it's side or even upside down.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:48 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Forest....you do not understand. The "newer" Winnebago units, at least some of them, like mine....you can not get these nozzles to fit right. Upside down or sideways does not work. You HAVE to HOLD on to the rubber boot while you hold the nozzle at a slight angle at the same time. Upside down does not fit. Sideways does not fit. Opening the handle to flow at a higher speed will also shut off the nozzle flow. BELIEVE me I have tried all kinds of ways. Standing next to fuel nozzle while holding and angling at a low fuel rate for like 15 minutes to get 20 gallons drives me crazy.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote