Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2020, 09:12 AM   #1

Anyone Order From SimpleTire?

Has anyone ordered tires from SimpleTire? I’m looking to order 6 Toyo M154’s from them and when I asked about tire dates they stated they can’t confirm DOT date codes from their suppliers but they are within 6 months to 4 years old??? That seems like a really broad range. Has anyone here ordered from them and if so how old were your tires and what was yours experience like? They seem to have good prices, but if the tire is approaching four years old that kind of negates any benefit of price.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2020, 09:24 AM   #2

I got a Toyo from them once, it was only a couple of months old.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:07 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

It's true that THEY cannot certify what the factory warehouses will send. Tires are made in batches by the factory and some sizes are in low demand and only get a batch made every year or two or three. However, most sizes get used up quickly enough that new batches get made all the time. Toyo makes most RV & truck sizes right here in the USA (big rubber plant near Atlanta), so most inventory is really fresh. Whether your size M154 is one of them, I could not even guess. Your chances are excellent that the tires will be under 6 months old, but there are no guarantees if you need a low-demand size.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:20 PM   #4

I ordered a set of 4X 22.5's last August from Tires-easy.com and had the same problem...they couldn't tell me at all what the date codes might be. But...they had a love 'em or return them policy. I had to pry out that they'll even pay for return shipping.

Crossed my fingers and ordered anyway. Then I find out that 3 of them came from one warehouse, the other from a different one. Oh oh.

But when they arrived, they were all from the same overseas shipment apparently as they all had pretty much the same date codes. All were under 6 months old. So now they're installed and I'm a happy camper with saving over $1,000.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:28 PM   #5

Thanks all, yes kind of a cross your fingers situation I guess. Unfortunately we have 245/70/19.5 so Im sure they aren’t as popular a size as the 22’s but I’m hoping I get lucky.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:21 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
I did a few years ago, they were 19.5 70 225. They were about 8 months old. They were Gladiator brand. I just ordered 2 to put on the front, because the old Michelin tires were cracking so bad. I was happy, have had no problems with the tires in 2 years. Only bad thing, I guess Gladiator went out of business, because I was going to orders some for the back, but no one carries them anymore. Oh well, hope the last for at least 5 more years. Will be looking into other brands.
hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:32 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I have used Simple Tire 3 times, and the tires were all with in 6 months old! 255/70/22.5 were the size for my MH. I ordered the front 2 first, directly from Simple Tire, then got the back 4 on Ebay, for 4 for the price of 3! And they came from Simple Tire! Score!
I also got tires for my son's work truck for a birthday gift, and they were a couple months old!
Shop around, get your best price, as the deal I got on Ebay, was from Simple Tire, just through Ebay, buy it now price, and I saved the cost of one tire!
Simple Tire also runs 30% to 40% off deals certain times of the year, so if not in a hurry, you can save a lot! Rail!
Old 01-21-2020, 05:29 AM   #8

I used them for a cost reference, went to a local tire shop and received same price and didn’t have to deal with ordering and hauling tires.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:33 AM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
What about install? Are most tire shops accommodating on the install? This has always been a question in my mind.
tim.kyfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:47 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.kyfl View Post
What about install? Are most tire shops accommodating on the install? This has always been a question in my mind.
I called around to several tire shops about install before I bought from SimpleTire. Some said they would not install tires bought elsewhere, some said they could not handle 22.5s, but my local Les Schwab dealer said 'ship them to us, we'll be happy to install for $50/tire using balance beads, and we'll call you when they get here.' Easy-peasy, and they warrant their work nationwide.

I bought Hercules tires from ST and they were less than 6 months old and all from the same batch. I intend to do it again.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.kyfl View Post
In Milton-Freewater Oregon, the Les Schwab there wouldn't let me ship tires to them. This was last August 2019. There was a newer tire shop up on the main highway just before the border into Washington and they were happy to let me ship them there. $45 each for mounting the 4 rears. I'd bought balance beads from Amazon. Also bought brass valve extensions.

The day after the tires arrived I showed up with my RV per agreement and the owner was there and a little testy that I didn't buy from him because he sells the same brand. Only when he quoted me several days prior, his were $100 each more. I didn't feel bad about saving $400 though.

I've also had a Love's tire shop install a set of 22.5's and those were $40 each but 4 years ago. Balanced and mounted. They have the big spin machine. I asked and they said any Love's would do them. And didn't mind if you had them shipped right to them. Fairly standard I gathered.

I checked with a couple other local shops where I was and only that one would mount them after I had them shipped to them.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:06 AM   #12

I ordered from Simple Tire 2 years ago. I had them shipped to Nat'l Indoor RV (about 8 miles from my home) for installation. All were less than 6 months old. Good price for all 8 Michelins.
texasrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 03:33 PM   #13

SimpleTires installed near Austin

Looing for a place to get mail-order tires (simpletires) installed near Bastrop/Austin for my Motorhome.

Size is Goodyear G670 RV, 245/70R19.5 G
ljjohnson9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 03:38 PM   #14

I thought Simpletire gave you a list of installers in your area?
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote