Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2016, 09:57 AM   #1

Aqua Hot 400D

Hope I can get some help?? Cut my AH on to diesal burner and it fired up only running for a few minutes before cutting off. No heat or hot water. Status lights for 2,3 pumps are on. Green light for diesal burner is on. Green light for electric element is on. No red lights are on at all. Heat system never comes on, I guess because the AH is not working?? If anyone has info thanks joe. Also there is no green light on the number one pump ??
GAS 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2016, 10:13 AM   #2

It would help to know what MH and year.
Could be a lot of things, stuck valve, bad pumps, low voltage, did it set long since last use.

pointrow
Old 03-21-2016, 10:15 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Try resetting the unit on the control panel at the AH.
The Bay I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:26 AM   #4

Aqua Hot 400D

2012 Fleetwood Providence tried to reset at status panel but nothing happens. Can hear I guess because 2,3 pump light are on these running. Left it on for quite a while nothing.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #5

Bad stir pump is my first guess!

Low voltage would not let it start at all!
Old 03-21-2016, 11:07 AM   #6

Is the #1 pump the stir pump? The status light for the number one light is not on. Also the status light for heating status is not lit even with the thermostat on and calling for heat.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:19 AM   #7
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Is the fuel level high enough for the AH pump to pick it up? Could also be a faulty high temp limit switch. Low coolant wouldn't allow it to start. It will run with the stir pump not working but the coolant won't be circulated. Fuel filter could be plugged to the point of failure. You can feel the vibration of the stir pump with your fingers if it's working. The stir pump is the #1 pump on my system. If the flame detecting photo cell is dirty it won't "see" the flame and shut the fuel pump down.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:26 AM   #8

The number one pump is not on but the number two pump is running. Status light for the number three pump is on but don't see it. Fuel is full. Reservoir was a little low but not empty. Have not changed filter.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #9

Other than early this morn burner has not tried to light.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:01 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
This maybe a dumb question, but did you turn on the thermostat high enough for it to call for heat from the AH? You still should have hot water.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:39 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
A couple questions for you. Do you still have hot water when the heat refuses to come on? What is the outdoor temperature like when you're experiencing this problem?

We had an issue where our Aquahot 400D heating system would not fire up the heat exchangers inside the coach. When the symptoms were present - we still had hot water. The problem didn't make itself evident until the ambient outdoor temps started dropping into the mid / low thirties.

Turns out that there's a "low temp cutoff switch" that prevent the Aquahot from circulating heated boiler antifreeze out to the heat exchangers unless the temperature seen at the "low temp cutoff switch" is above 90 degrees. This is there so that the unit prioritizes making hot water over providing comfort heating.

If your "low temp cutoff switch" is malfunctioning - you won't get comfort heat. If the "low temp cutoff switch" is OK - it could be your primary thermostat. We replaced the "low temp cutoff switch" and still have the problem. Additional troubleshooting revealed that our "primary thermostat" was malfunctioning - and preventing the boiler from heating up completely (it was shutting the boiler down at 110 degrees - instead of the 155 degrees - 190 degree range that is considered normal operating temperature.

I wouldn't hesitate to give the Aquahot Support folks a call. They were extremely helpful in assisting us in troubleshooting our problem. Definitely worth the call!
Old 03-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #12

Smile

I finally have it fixed. After communication with Roger he diagnosed it to be the temp control sensor. Ordered one from him and got it yesterday. Installed it and everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks for all the info joe.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:48 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Roger Berke is one of the best when it comes to helping with any problem with your Aqua-Hot.

I would also suggest that you download the Service Manual for model 400D HERE.

It has some troubleshooting steps plus lots of service information.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:20 PM   #14

just subscribing so I don't lose the aquahot link, thank you Dr4Film/Richard
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote