Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Are you a BAD RVer?
Yes 0 0%
No 29 100.00%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2021, 04:25 PM   #15

How do y'all feel about an occasional two to three foot max 'corner cutting' through another site?
I've done it a time or two, (but felt like a naked supermodel in a Men's Prison yard while doing it).
Smoke Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2021, 09:23 PM   #16

Cliffs? I'm not taking the (click) bait.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:38 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I was pretty much raised in a private RV club on the weekends from 10 to 18 yrs old. We had rules and your parents heard about it if you didn't follow them kind of raised by the whole trailer park. So I was well schooled in camping etiquette when I got my first TT in 1968.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:11 PM   #18

I'm with F4Gary here. Anyone care to toss out a summary we can read in about 30 seconds. Versus six solid minutes of blah blah blah? I'm not retired yet and still have a thing about time being money.
I watch Youtube videos as much as anyone. I also fast forward through a LOT of dull and useless bits. Which are mostly when people are doing nothing but talking into the camera.
GypsyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:02 AM   #19

There's a special place in hell for dog owners that let your dogs constantly yap/bark. Or even worse, leave them in your RV to constantly bark. You know who your are.

Sorry, but it's not fair to fellow campers or your dogs.
EJ_Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:42 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
I'm not retired yet and still have a thing about time being money.
I am retired but I feel the same way about some threads here that go on for pages and pages and umpteen hours spent on arguing and the pro's and con's of a $3.50 oil filter and other like subjects. I don't bother and move on.
mr.tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:29 AM   #21

We get a 100% on this one. The porch lights on all night long is a real peeve of ours as well as the dogs. Nothing like spending $100 per night just to listen to some mutt inside an RV barking all day long while the owners are out sight seeing.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:57 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.tommy View Post
I am retired but I feel the same way about some threads here that go on for pages and pages and umpteen hours spent on arguing and the pro's and con's of a $3.50 oil filter and other like subjects. I don't bother and move on.
I like those threads just fine. I can speed read and skim and get a good handle on the entire conversation in a minute or two. Or maybe slow down for some interesting bits. Easy to manage. With a blah blah blah video I'm either stuck watching it or forwarding and reversing trying to find the actually informative ten word sentence in the middle of all the filler.

Also it's become my habit these days to simply skip the first 30 seconds of EVERY Youtube video I watch.

A picture can be worth a thousand words but sometimes the written word is quite frankly a better way to communicate many things that require a bit of higher intelligence.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:18 PM   #23
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
I'm with F4Gary here. Anyone care to toss out a summary we can read in about 30 seconds.
1. Off-leash pets
2. Campsite walkthrough
3. Leaving lights on at night
4. Your dog barks 24/7
5. Trash in the fire ring
6. Walmart vacationers
7. Being loud late/early

I just drag the thingy at the bottom with the mouse and watch the little preview.

Ray
Old 04-10-2021, 09:23 PM   #24

Thanks! An easy no then.
And it took me under 30 seconds to read that to-the-point list.
Old 04-11-2021, 05:42 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
OK, so I guess I'm goody 2 shoe person. I don't do any of the 7 deadly sins listed. Now I will admit that I do like to get up very early to leave camp in the morning but I usually break down every thing the day before so I only have to bring in the slides, raise the jacks and disconnect electricity. I may have connect the Toad if there is not enough room to do it in my spot. But I try to be mindful of the noise at that time and I become very very quiet.

Oh, yeah lets not just blame the dogs for being off lease. If you have a cat it too needs to be leased or kept inside your RV at all times. I really dislike cats because they scratch up the hood and the roof of my car and leave foot prints on the windshield.