Background: been in a DP since 2016
Prior Life: organized/funded/run 10 multi day fun based events for a boat mfg., most were run in the bahamas.
Prior to our first AIM rally, we've attended about a dozen MH Manufacturer Functions.
With some experience running events here's our review of our first AIM rally broken into the categories we used to evaluate potential sites (or Post event debrief) for events.
Event Name: Snowbirds in Paradise
Location: Cabana Club (now Margaritaville)
Type: Pre Tampa Show Rally - Multi Brand Motorhome Club
Format: 3 day
- "Jimmy Buffet" night (costume party) that was easy to participate in. In addition, site selected had some on-site activities
- Included at all meals, alcoholic and non-alcoholic and not the "junk" cheap brands.
Check In / Check Out
- Greeted at entrance by Event & Location Staff - directed to Staging and while there we were checked in then escorted to our site. Followup by event staff did I need anything else. On the last night, Location GM came, thanked us for coming, invited us back and told us to take our time departing. Our name tags had the events schedule on the back in addition to a schedule in our goodie bag. (nice bag!)
- Comedian/Juggler 1 night and a "Jimmy Buffet" style Band
- Well run friendly group. Visible and constantly mingling with the guests. Bartenders were event staff. One of the bartenders was one of NIRVC's experienced Techs. The vendor partners in attendance made a concerted effort to meet people. We were traveling with a sick dog so event staff assisted so our pooch could join us at dinner. If there is one nit picked caveat is that many meeting planners have a love affair with the microphone. HINT: If your guests ever use the word "meeting" in a sentence, you are talking WAY too much. At this rally, just a tad. At other rallies, we won't go there
- Fresh, choices, Healthy and Buffet Style
- Easy to find, Large Sites, Safe Facility, On-site Store, RV resources within a reasonable distance, Pet Friendly
- Helpful, Friendly. Example, I needed to get some more transfer fluid and the store did not stock it. While the store was in the middle of re-setting the store for the new name change (big job) one staffer took the time to help me locate a store that had the transfer fluid in stock and then get the directions loaded into my phones map program (not super techy)
- This is a non tangible factor but we felt if people me new people (the more the merrier) they would have a better time. We met a lot of people.
- these are those "little things" that make your guests feel special. Each night during dinner, an "angel" left a "turn down gift" on our steps. Night one - 6 Round Cakes (had to have been 2000 calories each!) Night Two - a pair of embroidered towels Night Three - Cutting Board w/ Knife Sharpener.
- We paid approx $500 which included 3 nights FHU at a nice Resort, 11 meals (good food), unlimited beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). We thought this was a very good value.
Summary: I give AIM an "A" for the event. We left there smiling and will now work harder to incorporate other AIM rallies into our travel schedule. If you're looking to incorporate your Motorhome lifestyle with other fun seekers, join AIM and try a rally and see if it's for you.