RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2020, 11:48 AM   #1

Attn: Need help from an LCI Electronic leveler expert

Very frustrated.... Auto level function hasn't worked for a while but could manually level. Took it in to (General RV in Orange Park, FL- you bad boys!) to get fixed. It seemed to work in my driveway.

Today we're camping. We're in a space with a very slight tilt on the driver's side of the coach. Auto level and manual level both give me the same error "Excess Angle". Also the right and rear lights are blinking for what that's worth.

I tried to level manually and got the same error. I can manually lower both front jacks raising the front end up and manually lower the rear jacks lifting the rear up. I can also press the right button and it will lower the right-side jacks. But pressing the left button also generates the same "excess angle" error. The left side jacks won't even descend.

What I don't understand is that just say for argument's sake I had blocks to put beneath the left-side jacks... I still could not lower them.

Here's another piece of weirdness that may or may not be related. The lift controller (which I read contains the leveling sensors) is located in the #1 bin before the coach door. For the longest time, it's been just hanging by its wires. (and you guys over at General RV who I paid $300 to to fix the auto level... couldn't you have taken like 30 seconds to check that controller out, see that it wasn't properly fastened and stick it up properly BEFORE you adjusted the auto-level???) Before we left on this trip, I stuck it with double-faced tape back up to the ceiling of that bin where there was already a cutout of the same size and shape of the controller. When I couldn't get it leveled, I yanked it back off the ceiling to let it hang on its wiring again. Still no luck.

I was hoping not to have to break camp and move the MH to a perfectly level spot to fool with it. Any body have any ideas as to how to override?
Fairfieldwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2020, 12:07 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Can you turn off 12 volt battery power while unplugging from shore power to force the "brain" to reset? That may allow it to start fresh. What does the manual say about resetting the starting points of the leveling sensors?
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 05:29 PM   #3
NXR

How far off-level in both axis's are you with all jacks up?

And it's just the left side jacks that will not extend?

If you have an Android phone I use the Bubble Level app by Gamma Play. It will show the degrees off level in tenths of a degree. Just put it on the floor.

I always use manual leveling and stay a touch front-high and driver's side-high, a half-degree at most on each. That allows water to run off to the rear and off the passenger side. For us, most of our water lines are on the driver's side including the shower. If I have an internal leak I want to see the water on the floor rather than the water running to the driver's side where I won't see it.

This may explain what you're seeing: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=29616

Ray
Old 03-07-2020, 11:51 PM   #4

Here is the manual for your LCI system:

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.co...ket-Manual.pdf

2013 Ford CMax hybrid toad.
av8tor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:33 AM   #5

Remount it, and then perform the calibration routine as detailed in the manual.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 10:13 AM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfieldwiz View Post
Very frustrated.... Auto level function hasn't worked for a while but could manually level. Took it in to (General RV in Orange Park, FL- you bad boys!) to get fixed. It seemed to work in my driveway.

Today we're camping. We're in a space with a very slight tilt on the driver's side of the coach. Auto level and manual level both give me the same error "Excess Angle". Also the right and rear lights are blinking for what that's worth.

I tried to level manually and got the same error. I can manually lower both front jacks raising the front end up and manually lower the rear jacks lifting the rear up. I can also press the right button and it will lower the right-side jacks. But pressing the left button also generates the same "excess angle" error. The left side jacks won't even descend.

What I don't understand is that just say for argument's sake I had blocks to put beneath the left-side jacks... I still could not lower them.

Here's another piece of weirdness that may or may not be related. The lift controller (which I read contains the leveling sensors) is located in the #1 bin before the coach door. For the longest time, it's been just hanging by its wires. (and you guys over at General RV who I paid $300 to to fix the auto level... couldn't you have taken like 30 seconds to check that controller out, see that it wasn't properly fastened and stick it up properly BEFORE you adjusted the auto-level???) Before we left on this trip, I stuck it with double-faced tape back up to the ceiling of that bin where there was already a cutout of the same size and shape of the controller. When I couldn't get it leveled, I yanked it back off the ceiling to let it hang on its wiring again. Still no luck.

I was hoping not to have to break camp and move the MH to a perfectly level spot to fool with it. Any body have any ideas as to how to override?
LCI Expert= No, but I read 90% (made that # up, LOL :-) so let's just say majority) of hydraulic problems are caused by LOW FLUID? Sounds like your issue, or bad solenoids/ wires/ relays? Will the (jacks that won't operate), operate if you retract the others first? If so, issue is low fluid, if NO, suspect other issues? LCI has a lot of document downloads available, but would need to start w/ Brand/ Model# to help more? Just remember that if a light bulb burns out, replacing switch does not help except to say "switch was most likely not bad"... "most likely.." because new switch can be also bad.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:47 AM   #7

Hey all, thanks for your helpful tips. As usual, while nobody had the exact answer to my problem, you all made me think.

Lesson #1 in motorhome crisis management: Slow down, think it through and make sure you're really dealing with a hardware failure. Don't get panicky worrying about worst case scenario.

Here's what it turned out to be... The "technicians" at General RV (and I believe I'm now entitled to use that term loosely) charged me $300 for ten minutes worth of work to reset the level position on the jacks. They did not bother to have a look at the controller where the leveling sensor is located. Had they done that, they would have noticed that it was no longer fastened to the roof of the #1 storage bin, but instead was hanging by its wiring.

Before leaving for our trip, I stuck the controller back up using double-faced tape. There was no way the leveling system was going to work after this without being recalibrated again.

After exploring the furthest recesses of Google, I found the sequence for putting the lift system into program mode (panel off / up button 10 times / down button 10 times). I was then able to lower the left side jacks to level the coach. Easy-peasy.

Prior to spending an hour on Google and five minutes fixing the problem, I did call the dealer who did the work asking (No. Pleading for) help. These are the guys whose music-on-hold recording says, "were here to keep you camping". Their technician couldn't come to the phone or call me back because he was busy and it was a Saturday. But they did make me a service appointment to fix it for March 30th.
Fairfieldwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:59 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The lesson here is to find a private shop that relies on results to keep their service department profitable. Dealership service departments often have no time for actually fixing anything because it is far more profitable to use those bays for deliveries.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help