Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #29

thanks for the picture of the new motor and gear box. I have talked with folks at LCI and they tell me that I need to know if my unit is a 10k or 15k jack. Cannot replace motor for 15k. Must buy entire assembly.
Does anyone know how I can find out if my Jacks are 15k or 10k? When I had the jack off I did not see any numbers for reference.
Rebdog105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2017, 10:24 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
try giving them all the measurements.

I may have a motor, or why not have your rebuilt at any shop
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:05 AM   #31

Thanks my motor is good
I need a shaft out of the housing that drives the screws
Rebdog105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:41 AM   #32

Having trouble with left front jack intermittintly squealing and sticking. 2010 Newmar Baystar. More frequent lately. Any advise?
Bobby88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:59 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Atwood / (LCI) jacks

When I was working with LCI to get a DC motor they wanted pic's help ID the size . On our unit they were (Atwood)called 2.5 inch or 4 inch square . In my case I have 2.5 square tube on a 32k lb. MH. Pictures will help out match up to schematics / assembly drawings that are made , therefore you might find Part Numbers.

And to the squealing in the front .... My thoughts lead me to give the DC motor a squirt of white door grease ..... It is exposed to a lot of stuff during traveling . Hope this helps I never have had to grease the shaft inside the tube.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:53 AM   #34

DC Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceramic View Post
Yes I researched and know that Atwood sold to LCI but LCI has the schematics and part from Atwood and the Customer Service made/had made a DC motor and Gear box for my rig - Talked with bill scott at LCI . hope this clears up any ?????
Please describe the DC motor...(i.e. what is it). May be the issue with my squealing and sticking left front jack.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:27 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Great Info on Atwood Leveling

I have not seen my concern on here. My left front retracted 90%+, enough to travel and quit. Tried the manual operation turning the nut nothing. Happened to go out while attempting to level and see if the motor was turning. Motor was spinning, not noise, appears a pin or gear beoke. Any ideas. I have been on hold with Lippert multiple times, and call was dropped after 30 plus minutes on phone.
dsifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:49 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsifford View Post
I have not seen my concern on here. My left front retracted 90%+, enough to travel and quit. Tried the manual operation turning the nut nothing. Happened to go out while attempting to level and see if the motor was turning. Motor was spinning, not noise, appears a pin or gear beoke. Any ideas. I have been on hold with Lippert multiple times, and call was dropped after 30 plus minutes on phone.
My left front is doing same thing...It would only retract 50%....I had to extend and retract a couple times before it would finally fully retract. Didn't try manual retract...500 revolutions for retraction, so I don't know if that would work.
My issue is intermittant. When I have the tech check it, it always works perfect...go figure...lol.

I have been advised in the past to make sure battery is in good shape..clean cables etc. Rev engine a little during process to send enough voltage to all levelers. Grease the legs.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:33 AM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
atwood ( Lci ) jacks

,,,, if I had a motor running up or down and no movement the internal works probably has an issue .... a shear pin or a gear has bitten the dust .... call customer service / corporate for help.... get all pertinent facts/ pictures too and fax or scan and email.
If it squealing all I did was get some door lube or white lube spray and give it a shot ,,,, seemed to help for now ,, but it did come back again so buy a can , or two.

( I took mine apart , some wont, so its really up the individual )

Hope this helps.

Tags
atwood, jacks