Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2018, 05:32 AM   #29

I WAS A 25YRS MEMBER AND THE LAST TWO TIMES I CALLED FOR SERVICE BOTH WERE HANDLED TERRIBLE. I WAS LEFT WITH 4 CUT TIRES GOOD SCAM CALLED IT VANDALISM AND SAID SORRY NOT COVERED. the other time we had a caliper stick they left us on the side of a major truck hjway until tow truck driver recommended clamping off the brake line with vice grips and driving it like that. IN BOTH CASES good Sam apologized and said it was not HANDLED correctly I had paid for platinum plus coverage and this is what we Got not even compensated with as much as a free coffee or a stale donut. At one time I thought like a lot of you newbies about how great Good Sam is .Something has definitely changed with them and I can no longer recommend them and I agree with the original poster 100 percent..and you are also entitled to your opinion.
Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2018, 08:20 PM   #30

Very Good Sam

I have used this service in Canada and the US for both my van and car. Always good service within allowable timeframe given the locations involved.
pxr177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:18 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by easywind View Post
What a joke they are, had a flat and was at a rv dealer, dealer called my roadside assistance company and was told it was ok to send a truck to change my tire. Truck came and changed my tire. Tire shop called bad sam and was told I needed to file a claim. $65 and for the hoops they are putting me through it just is not worth it. Cash always works and I'll now take my chances. 5 years I paid these thieves for nothing. My stupidity for buying insurance, they don't get to build those big buildings by being honest.
So why didn't you call them yourself? I wouldn't want to be the CSR who had to explained that they just covered a call where the customer hadn't called in and asked for the service.
That's probably why they wanted you to send the invoice to see if you were actually involved.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:06 AM   #32

And another thing that dawned on me later..... GS or CN does not pay for a tire repair, so the repair part is on you. They pay for someone to come out and change the tire (put your spare on) or dis mount and remount a tire ( you pay for tire), but not for patching, plugging, or booting the tire, so it sounds to me like GS probably lived up to their contract.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:59 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastham View Post
I WAS A 25YRS MEMBER AND THE LAST TWO TIMES I CALLED FOR SERVICE BOTH WERE HANDLED TERRIBLE. I WAS LEFT WITH 4 CUT TIRES GOOD SCAM CALLED IT VANDALISM AND SAID SORRY NOT COVERED. the other time we had a caliper stick they left us on the side of a major truck hjway until tow truck driver recommended clamping off the brake line with vice grips and driving it like that. IN BOTH CASES good Sam apologized and said it was not HANDLED correctly I had paid for platinum plus coverage and this is what we Got not even compensated with as much as a free coffee or a stale donut. At one time I thought like a lot of you newbies about how great Good Sam is .Something has definitely changed with them and I can no longer recommend them and I agree with the original poster 100 percent..and you are also entitled to your opinion.
Curious ...what are 4 cut tires if not vandalism ? Did you drive across something that "cut" (your word) all 4 tires ?
Old 03-04-2018, 02:03 PM   #34

And one more thing , if I was stranded beside the road I WOULD use vice grips and drive it off the road (very carefully and slowly) and maybe all the way to repair facility . Been done many times in old days!
Old 03-18-2018, 06:15 PM   #35

Smile bad sam

sorry to hear about your experience, have the good sam roadside plan , cheaper and more coverage than caa in Canada used them a few time both rv and my car,no problems at all, keep renewing, found them to be quick and painless. I would suggest phoning in yourself next time.
fleetwood ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:56 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
And another thing that dawned on me later..... GS or CN does not pay for a tire repair, so the repair part is on you. They pay for someone to come out and change the tire (put your spare on) or dis mount and remount a tire ( you pay for tire), but not for patching, plugging, or booting the tire, so it sounds to me like GS probably lived up to their contract.
Another thing dawned on me also. I asked that they pay for the service truck to pay for changing the tire. truck Once the tire was changed I purchased 2 new tires out of my pocket.
The reason I did not call them was I was stuck in a RV place and they said they would call as they knew the place.
easywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:12 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
well GS had their chance today for me and they came though. 41 miles south of Alturas Ca and blew an inside duel drivers side. Wife got on the phone and took maybe two minutes to get to a live body. Asked where we were and we described out location with reference to GPS mileage asked if we had a spare, said yes. Said he would call back in a few minutes and after ten minutes I thought I'd get an alternate just in case so got on the phone to Alturas and when he asked where, what ,how he said I just got off the phone with the GS people. But proceeded to ask my tire size and they will be there in just over an hour with a tire. Less than an hour later they arrived with two tires and as they surmised it took out the other tire too. GS did their part with flying colors and Emailed the wife with the time of arrival as I was on the phone with the company. Paid for the roadside service and mounting two tires on the spot. So I'll give them a plus on this one. Seems like a lot is where you are, I was 40 miles for no services, how you explain the problem and know what you are paying for, not what one thinks your paying for.

LEN