RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2018, 06:46 PM   #15

I'm a vote for both, to hard to push start.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2018, 07:02 AM   #16

Spartan Chassis
I can personally recommend America's Best Deep Cycle RV Battery| Lifeline Batteries

Mine have been great. No more battery corrosion at terminals and cable ends to battle. AGM's also charge faster than lead acid, so if installed be sure to check your charger settings and set to AGM. Different charge profile.

Good Luck!
shaman52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:11 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You did not mention what size they are but my recommendation is this:L

Now would be a good time to switch to a pair of GC-2 SIx volts.

Reason
Most 12 volt batteries used in RV service are MARINE/deep cycle or MARINE/rv batteries, you might notice I typed MARINE (Starting above freezing) in upper case and deep cycle or rv in lower case.
That is because those are Marine Starting batteries first and foremost.. They need to be kept at or above 75-80% state of charge for best life.

A True DEEP CYCLE (note the upper case) like the GOLF CAR (GC) 2 does not mind 70, 60 or even 50% State of charge (Try to keep it above 50) and also stands a much better chance of recovery from an "OH ****! level discharge (like 10% State of charge).

One pair GC_2 is about the same as one pair of Group 29's capacity wise. But you can use more. and pay less
Old 03-05-2018, 10:05 AM   #18

Like mentioned above, I would switch to the Golf Cart 6 Volt batteries and not look back.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:07 PM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Replacing both at Costco with GC2 6V will cost $160 which is less than my weekly Costco run costs. If you get another 5 years out of them it will cost you about $30 a year and I bet you get much more than that.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:17 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
Like mentioned above, I would switch to the Golf Cart 6 Volt batteries and not look back.
Yep and now that you're looking to replace both batt's it's important to review the type of converter/charger you have too. 6V batt's prefer different charging routines that AGM's do. Just slapping in new AGM's without the proper charging that they like, you may end up being disappointed down the road.

Batteries always seem to be an ongoing problem here and many of those problems—if not most of them—are owner caused.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:04 AM   #21

Spartan Chassis
Does your 2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C have a Xantrex Inverter/Charger or just a Inverter only model?

You might have the Xantrex Freedom HF1055 Inverter/Charger. If so you can set charging profile to AGM batteries. It has a 55 amp charger built-in.

If different equipment please let us know what you have and we can go from there.

Good Luck!
Old 03-08-2018, 08:28 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Will check on what inverter is in my rv
gwtriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
My inverter is a Xantrex Pro XM1000 - just an inverter
gwtriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:38 AM   #24

Spartan Chassis
You can install AGM batteries with an inverter only. The charging is only by engine alternator. You do have a battery Isolator in you RV. This is not the best charging profile for AGM batteries, but would do.

Possible upgrade, this would allow faster charging of your AGM batteries:

Replace inverter only with Xantrex Freedom HF1055 Inverter/Charger. This would allow charging when plugged in or when you have a generator feeding your RV. This should be a disconnect wires and reconnect with the exception of a new 120v a/c run from power distribution panel, including correctly sized circuit breaker and wire. This would be needed to feed it line voltage. If the installation above your skill set have a competent shop do it

Tags
battery