Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Beaver Motorhomes made by Beaver corp.

Anyone else out there driving a Beaver motorhome built by Beaver Corp before they went through all their money problems and change of ownership. I have a 1991 Beaver Contessa DP 36'. Just curious if I am the Lone Ranger on the road with one of these old coaches. I am in Ohio and sure don't see any of them on the road around here.
inkaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #2

I love love love Beaver coaches! I bet your 91 contessa is just beautiful! So does yours have the awesome jet bathtub?
Old 05-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
I think most of the jet bathtubs were in the Marquis. My Contessa just has a very large shower. It appears to be a very well built coach. We have only had it for a few short months. Looking forward to getting it on the road.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #4

They are excellent build coaches! I would be excited too. I also noticed there is not a whole lot on the road. I have a beaver too, and I absolutely LOVE it! I almost bought a 1988 Beaver marquis. I am a full timer, I am still young, so I will buy 1 more coach in my life and it will most likely be a beaver.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #5

And I think you have the gilling chassis. Those are like a million mile chassis.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
There are actually still quite a few vintage Beavers on the road. You will find some over at the Beaver Ambassador Club.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_R View Post
There are actually still quite a few vintage Beavers on the road. You will find some over at the Beaver Ambassador Club.
Thanks Craig. I went there a couple times and the forum seems a little hard to navigate.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yes, my 91 does have a Gillig chassis. If its a million mile chassis I have a long way to go. I have 107,000 on it so I should be good to go for another 23 years at least.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #9

I am trying to convince my husband to buy a 2000 Beaver Monterey with 96K miles. He is afraid of buying a motorhome that old thinking there will be trouble with hoses, transmission, brakes etc. I don't have an answer to that since this would be our first motorhome. For you RVers with older models, what do I say to him?

Thanks for any comments and help.
pruny99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruny99 View Post
I am trying to convince my husband to buy a 2000 Beaver Monterey with 96K miles. He is afraid of buying a motorhome that old thinking there will be trouble with hoses, transmission, brakes etc. I don't have an answer to that since this would be our first motorhome. For you RVers with older models, what do I say to him?

Thanks for any comments and help.
We just purchased a 2000 Newmar with 93,000 miles last month. I am not afraid of the mileage as these same chassis in metro bus and fire equipment do well into the 500k mile range. We went with the Newmar because of quality issues with other brands. We would have looked at a Beaver for the same reason but a Beaver wasn't available. We did look at a Newell but even a 2000 was above what funds we had available. As a result, we paid cash and the coach now has an additional 1,000 miles since last month.
bailiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Smile 1990 Contessa

Funny thing happened last Friday, wife and I were going to the Bantam Jeep Festival in Butler, Pa and stopped to look at an RV we were looking to buy, a 1990 Beaver Contessa, looked at the unit and figured no way would we get it, guy had two other people looking also and our funds just fell short we figured any way, the man talked with us a while wanted me to drive it and was surprised I could handle it with no problems, I told him I hauled oversized construction equipment for 30yrs, we told him what the bank had approved for that year Coach, he told us to go get some lunch and come back, he would think about it. We were going to go on to the Jeep thing and my wife said well, lets go back and see what he says I was a mess after looking and driving the Coach, wanted it BAD! well, went back and talked to the man then went on to the Jeep festival 50 miles away. Saturday morning drove back to the mans house and drove the Beaver back to our house in Columbus. We are happy as a couple of pigs in poop!!!
Looking forward to getting out and about and making new friends.

Walt & Judy
wthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Congratulations! Nice to see another Miss Contessa will be on the road and in Ohio too! Please share some details, what size coach and engine does the Contessa have? Mine is a 1990 Contessa 36' and also in Ohio.

Joe
Old 06-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #13

Beaver= Great well built coach. Enjoy.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Glad to hear from you Joe, it's same as yours 36ft CAT 3208 (one of the best engines Cat made) has 135000miles on it, guy we bought it from had it 20yrs always kept in a heated garage. You would have to see it to believe the condition kit is in,inside and out.
Wife is going to retire in Sept or Oct and we are heading towards wine country California. We plan on going somewhere here in Ohio before then, many put-in-bay we went up there a few times with our TT.

Later
Walt & Judy
wthur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beaver