RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2018, 06:50 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Just got a char broil x200 infrared grill

Small enough to haul around in the rv and appears solidly constructed to last a few years. I have not tried it yet. Still need to hook up my extend a stay on the rv. Should I remove the regulator when I use it? I believe the extend a stay is prior to the rv regulator.
Charles L is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2018, 07:38 PM   #16
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles L View Post
Small enough to haul around in the rv and appears solidly constructed to last a few years. I have not tried it yet. Still need to hook up my extend a stay on the rv. Should I remove the regulator when I use it? I believe the extend a stay is prior to the rv regulator.
i set the extended stay at after the regulator. on my weber 100, i use just a hose no regulator.
CountryFit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:52 AM   #17

I prefer old school. Besides I like easy. The standard size 20# gas cylinder works fine. Can move anywhere. 4.5 gallons of propane . That's about 400k btu.
I think my gas grill is max 15k btu so about 30 hrs of run time. Gas firepit is 50k btu max so around 8-10 hrs of use. Way easier to get filled than your RV. Keep them in milk crates. Fit nice. Easy to carry, protect the tank and won't tip over.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:47 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
The cheapest and quickest fix is to disconnect the onboard grill connector extension and move it to in front of the coach regulator.

Then you can use the regulators that came with the appliance.....
1995 38' CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
Gillig Bus Chassis
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:06 PM   #19

That's how the extend a stay connection with attachment for a grill. Ts off just in front of the built in regulator.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:37 AM   #20

Iím a charcoal guy and used to carry around a Big Steel Keg kamado style grill that had a receiver hitch mount. It was heavy and cumbersome to move from the hitch to its base by myself so I recently got a Chargriller Akron Jr. It fits underneath in the storage bay, will cook four steaks, and is very lightweight. So far it is perfect unless I need to cook for a crowd at a tailgate.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinRich View Post
I have a Class A Fleetwood. I have a quick connect on my gas for a grill, but it is after the regulator. I am having a tough time finding a grill that does not have a regulator on it as well. I bought a char broil travel grill, but to much gas is regulated and it won't light. Thoughts?

Nexgrill has a threaded male which allows easy use via the line coming from your main tank. Not a fan of the grill as the legs are pretty tough to deal with. Just inherited a Webber Q1000 which has a built in regulator and looks like I need a fitting to make it work. But it sure is nice to get rid of the big bottle as well as the small bottles. Now I just have to figure out how to adapt my fire pit to accept the female fitting on the end of my 20' propane hose.
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:54 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
I prefer the Traeger PTG wood pellet grill. Just big enough for a couple steaks.

https://www.traegergrills.com/shop/g...SABEgKyQfD_BwE

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:15 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
My vote is also for a pellet smoker. I like to smoke as much as grill on my trips. I have a Traeger Junior with the tailgater kit which fits into my compartment. We usually make a day of it smoking ribs, listening to music, drinking beer and enjoying the outdoors.

There are several other brands that have more portable models.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:41 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
The cheapest and quickest fix is to disconnect the onboard grill connector extension and move it to in front of the coach regulator.

Then you can use the regulators that came with the appliance.....
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:43 AM   #25

Another pellet vote. We use a Davy Crockett

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote