Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2021, 02:55 PM   #1

Best Motor Home Tire Covers

I recently purchased a 32ft 2004 Fleetwood Southwind. Now that we’re getting more sunshine I want to purchase covers for the tires. I’m wondering if anyone has a recommendation or can tell me what I should be looking for regarding the type of fabric used.

Thanking you in advance for your help.
Rich
Rdryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2021, 03:40 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We use white Camco like these

Best for me is defined by effective, inexpensive, and easy to store.

Our tires haven't weathered at all in 8 years. We also park on these mats. Those help prevent tread weathering. As full timers our coach is "outside" 100% of the time. I only put them on when we will be parked for 14 days or more, which is about 80% of the time.

These covers only last about 4 years. After that they become stiff and start to crack up. Rolling them (not folding like they come in the box) such that the large flat surface is not creased will extend the lifetime a bit.

These covers are inexpensive and effective but can be little hard to put on especially if your wheel well is tight. I don't believe your coach has air suspension so you should have reasonable clearance after parking. Dirt from the fender and tires can get on your hands and sleeves or arms when putting them on. I strap them on if the wind is going to be over 30 or 40 mph, I've never had one blow off. Strapping is a real PITA especially between the dual tires because you have to get the strap between the tires. I made a hook I can screw onto my windshield washing handel to reach between/behind hind the tires to pull the strap through.

If price were no object I would get these shades that are easy to put on and the solar mesh version will probably last forever. No strapping is necessary.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:11 PM   #3

Adco are good, I have 285 x75 x24.5 tires alot of common brands wont fit. I happen to find unused Adco the right size on FB Marketplace for 1/3 price. I like the idea adding small length of chain to bottom tread edge and extra to flip behind to hold them down. Adding chains is on my list. You can find DIY hack in many threads if you search.
I like those Sliders from shade pro $220 but only one pic come on ,as one looked for a vid for them I spotted these for the shiny rims. From Magna shade
https://outsideourbubble.com/rv-tire...uv-protection/
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:50 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Magne Shade, www.magneshade.com/
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:23 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum.

You are joining a good group of folks here with good information to share. Read the various threads here and ask questions as they come up or add information if you can.

We use the Camco type. A hint: put them on before you purge your air so there is more room in the wheel well to fit them on much better.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:14 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Magna shade here as well. Easy to set up, take down, and stores in small bag. Probably not the cheapest. I personally don't like the white "bags" that hang on the tires but I am sure they are effective.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, motor, motor home, tire