Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2017, 06:00 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We have the TST unit and am pleased with it. The best thing about them is the customer service. If you have a problem call them, the girls and Mike will walk you through any problem that you have. They are a sponsor of IRV2 also.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2017, 06:25 PM   #16

Have my EEZ system sit'n here for tomorrow's install....went with anti theft sensors, that are user friendly for changing batteries....the monitor comes with a charger, or, also included, a hardwire pigtail.....3 different monitor mounting options, with parts, and replacement O rings for sensors.....google the brand and watch the videos
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:55 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
update to earlier post

I got the eez setup correctly the next day when I was not in a rush. Performs well. Had 2 spares and put one on the rear airbag connection. I can report do not put one on the airbag connection. Every time you hit a big enough bump it alarms as the pressure increases or decreases. Dumb idea.
Charles L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:36 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
I have EEZ Tire TPMS non flow through sensors, no problems so far been real happy with them.
jaywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:45 AM   #19
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our BENZ Life View Post
Fairly new to traveling with our motorhome and would like input on your opinions on TPMS sensors. We don't tow, so only need system for 6 wheels.

Which one do you like? Where to buy?

Do they work with extended valves?

Are they wireless and have an app for your phone? Or is that really needed?

Do they really give you peace of mind?

Thanks for your suggestions!

We went with the TireTraker system for the following reasons:

1. Cap-type sensors to prevent air loss from the valve stem

2. User-replaceable, low-cost sensor batteries

3. Easy to program and use

4. Lowest cost I found at the time for a system with 10 sensors and a repeater for the back bedroom

5. The new system has a lifetime warranty!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:10 AM   #20

We have TireMinder and I am not sure what model. I would consider it ok. The tire pressures are a ballpark. They do not display the actual tire pressure that I get when checking manually. Tire pressure expands pretty good in hot temps and it usually goes outside the limits so you get a lot of false alarms but once you kind of learn and understand it, it works. Better than not having anything but is certainly not like and as accurate as say ur car TPMS.

If I found a better model, I would replace my current one.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:10 PM   #21

I bought the EEZ system. One of the sensors was dead. Went to Lowes to get a battery for it. Came back and put it in...no help, but meanwhile, two more sensors had dropped offline. I gave up, called EEZ customer service and told them I wasn't happy about it and decided to return it. No Problem they say. I get my refund today and they charged me a 15% restocking fee. $56 to restock a defective system!

Make your decisions wisely. I bought the TST507 system and it works well. It reads within 1 PSI of what my digital tire gauge reads unlike the EEZ system that was several pounds off. It was a little more pricy, but it's color, nice mount and straight forward to program.

JET
JETCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:15 AM   #22

We want to look into these, do you have to have wifi to have them communicate with the monitor?
moonlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 04:32 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlake View Post
We want to look into these, do you have to have wifi to have them communicate with the monitor?
No WIFI required. Also, the TST507 came with a signal booster. The EEZ did not...it's extra.
JETCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:48 AM   #24

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Arrow

Any news in the TPMS market? Any update to the earlier comments? I'd appreciate any updated feedback on today's "BEST" TPMS.

The rest of our TPMS story:

We have had the Pressure Pro Pulse since it first came to market. I was lead to believe that it was the "BEST" TPMS at the time. It has been problematic, with sensors constantly losing connection to the monitor. Now the sensor batteries seem to be slowing failing at a little over 3 years old. Pressure Pro has released a new model of the PULSE and the new sensors are not compatible with our system. They will sell me the old sensors at $50 a piece & I have 12 = $600+.

So I am thinking I should just scrap the Pressure Pro PULSE with extender and try something else.

TIA

BrewE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:00 PM   #25

Good info. thanks.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:54 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
We have TireMinder and I am not sure what model. I would consider it ok. The tire pressures are a ballpark. They do not display the actual tire pressure that I get when checking manually. Tire pressure expands pretty good in hot temps and it usually goes outside the limits so you get a lot of false alarms but once you kind of learn and understand it, it works. Better than not having anything but is certainly not like and as accurate as say ur car TPMS.

If I found a better model, I would replace my current one.
Pretty much echoes my experience with Tire Minder. Mine will drop sensors regularly. Their product support is mostly unhelpful as well.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:45 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
We have been using the Tireminder smart system for about a year. Easy to setup and monitor. It comes with a repeater.

The Smart uses my iPhone as a monitor instead of having a separate monitor to mount. There is still a Bluetooth that will go off if I do not have my iPhone app open. Especially like the iPhone monitor during departure checks. I can check tire pressure while doing my visual checks.
sgwyble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:09 AM   #28

We have the EEZ Tire system. I had to replace most of the batteries after only a year. Pretty cheap on Amazon, unlike Lowes.

These systems are not meant to be the endall to tire problems but they certainly are a first line of defense. I have changed the high and low pressure settings as I've gotten a better understanding of the best pressures to run my tires. On really cold days, it will alarm due to "shrinkage" but prefer not to reset much lower.

Just last week, I had an alarm on the toad. We immediately pulled over and found the tire going flat. No telling how long we would have dragged it before someone flagged us over. Saved the rim and potentially more. Changed tire and on our way.

I'm a believer. Distance from display to the rear toad axle is about 50'. No repeated.

I actually use it when only driving the toad.