Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2020, 07:19 AM   #1

Body separating from chassis

2000 Coachman Miranda 30Q. Noticed a few weeks ago that the shell on the drivers side, from behind the drivers seat along the couch wall has a clear view to the ground. Looked all under the coach wall and did not see where there were any fasteners whatsoever. Not sure how to bring it together to withstand the rigors of SC roads.
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2020, 07:25 AM   #2

Can you post some pics?
It would make it easier to understand what is going on.
Brob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:41 PM   #3
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey View Post
2000 Coachman Miranda 30Q. Noticed a few weeks ago that the shell on the drivers side, from behind the drivers seat along the couch wall has a clear view to the ground. Looked all under the coach wall and did not see where there were any fasteners whatsoever. Not sure how to bring it together to withstand the rigors of SC roads.
There's 154 posts here about wall separations on the Georgetown. The walls are held on by self-tapping screws and the screws shear off. I know some folks with a Coachmen have had the same thing happen. Essentially, people pull a piece of trim off, jack the wall back into place, and use strong bolts with nuts to hold the wall in place.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ure-77309.html

And some on the Coachmen:

- "I discovered the Wall has separated from the chassis due to "sheet metal screws rusting""

Good luck,

Ray
Old 05-14-2020, 08:54 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
I had this problem with my ole 2001 Mirada. There were two areas that I needed to repair. I described the repairs and included a lot of photos on my Mirada web site.

Additional repair to drivers side wall – 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

Emergency Exterior Wall Repair – 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

Read both articles as they are two different repairs that need to be done.

Quote:
There's 154 posts here about wall separations on the Georgetown. The walls are held on by self-tapping screws and the screws shear off. I know some folks with a Coachmen have had the same thing happen. Essentially, people pull a piece of trim off, jack the wall back into place, and use strong bolts with nuts to hold the wall in place.
The way the Georgetown attaches is different than the Mirada. The Mirada repair is a lot easier
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis