Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2018, 10:12 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Braided Valve Extenders

Need to either replace this 135 degree extender or find the correct o-ring. Could not find this on Amazon but the local RV dealer has a 4set. Anyone know of a source to maybe buy 1?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6301.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	343.5 KB
ID:	206402
Did find some on EBay for 19.5” wheels, not sure the difference unless it’s the length?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2018, 10:22 AM   #2

Good morning Twm188; Most of the braded air lines for the duels are sold in sets of 4. I have never seen just one for sale. Try an Ace Hardware or a local hardware store and you should be able to find an O-Ring to replace the bad one. Also when installing the line back in the valve stem, this is what I do. Put a very small amount of Silicone grease on the O-Ring before you install it. This keep it from tearing on the valve stem. Also do not over tighten. I go with hand tight and then just 90 degrees more with a wrench. Have not lost one yet doing it the way I described. You can find the grease in the plumbing dept. at the hardware store. If the braded line looks in good shape for now, that is the way I would go. Hope this gives you a direction to get you going. Good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:40 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Braided Valve Extenders

This o-ring is not like your typical o ring. It’s shaped more like a rubber ferrel with a slight taper with flat sides not round. I have found some singles but only straights it appears. I found a set on EBay. Mine are probably original to coach 2005. It started leaking down slowly over the winter and still since it’s warmer now. So on Amazon leave out the word braided and some 135’s pop up. Go figure.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:58 AM   #4

Just get rid of the extensions and put on metal valve stems of the appropriate bends and length. Get them at a shop that services truck tires or from BORG Equipment & Supply Corp. Inc. - Automotive Equipment & Supplies
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
Just get rid of the extensions and put on metal valve stems of the appropriate bends and length. Get them at a shop that services truck tires or from BORG Equipment & Supply Corp. Inc. - Automotive Equipment & Supplies
Humm, and then have all the tires pulled off and bead broken down so you can change them.

That may be fine if getting new tires but just to avoid a few bucks for extensions seems a bit extreme.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
This o-ring is not like your typical o ring. It’s shaped more like a rubber ferrel with a slight taper with flat sides not round. I have found some singles but only straights it appears. I found a set on EBay. Mine are probably original to coach 2005. It started leaking down slowly over the winter and still since it’s warmer now. So on Amazon leave out the word braided and some 135’s pop up. Go figure.
never have mine off, so i have no experience, but i have seen o-rings deform/ take a new shape in use. did these possibly start their life as a o-ring? maybe a trip to a tire store with a handful of parts is next
DanKathyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:54 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No these have a definite shape with a slight bevel to it.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6307.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	206652
Old 06-12-2018, 04:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
No these have a definite shape with a slight bevel to it.Attachment 206652
Go to a truck tire shop and look at a regular extension, the seal is probably the same. You could probably buy one for a few bucks.

2003 Dolphin 5320 sold
Charlie 5320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:31 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Braided Valve Extenders

That’s what I was thinking of doing except until you stick your dental pick in there to pull it out you can’t tell if it’s the same style. Thank you for the suggestion. I’m hoping all HD extenders will have that style of seal.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Humm, and then have all the tires pulled off and bead broken down so you can change them.

That may be fine if getting new tires but just to avoid a few bucks for extensions seems a bit extreme.

Humm.....that is exactly what I did, when our motorhome was brand new. As have many others.

"to avoid a few bucks" had nothing to do with it. I wanted it easy to check the tire pressures on both duals. And most of all the added safety factor.

The $225 cost (total) to purchase and install them was a a non issue, no brainer. Far from 'extreme'.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:51 AM   #11

I agree with the above...all it takes is to have a braided extension leak and if you don't have a TPMS or don't catch it in time, you loose a tire and when the tire goes , plan on body damage. Now you're looking at potentially $1000's in damage
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:27 AM   #12
WDW

We changed our the junk when new, added the Borg extended valves, beads for balance and have never looked back. Peace of mind with TPMS / TST brand.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:35 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
See if you have a "Fleet Pride" in your area. I purchased a single braided extension from them.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:17 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
See if you have a "Fleet Pride" in your area. I purchased a single braided extension from them.

Thanks for that info I looked and we do have one. I’ll call them to see what they have before driving 20+miles and before buying a tandem set of four.

Tags
valve