Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #1

Could anyone tell me where I could get a cab Heater Valve for my RV. The heater valve has Ranco and >PA66-GF30< stamped on it.

My RV is:
National RV Sea Breeze 1998 Chevy Vortex chassis.

I live in the UK and have been quoted $500 for this part! It seems like a fairly standard replacement part for the cab heating system.

Also do you know who is supplying parts for National RV. And/or do you know a good supplier of spare parts for my chassis.

Thanks
K900PUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #2

Could anyone tell me where I could get a cab Heater Valve for my RV. The heater valve has Ranco and &gt;PA66-GF30&lt; stamped on it.

My RV is:
National RV Sea Breeze 1998 Chevy Vortex chassis.

I live in the UK and have been quoted $500 for this part! It seems like a fairly standard replacement part for the cab heating system.

Also do you know who is supplying parts for National RV. And/or do you know a good supplier of spare parts for my chassis.

Thanks
Old 11-11-2008, 11:50 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
K900PUP,
welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. Have you contacted Ranco about this part and your nearest distributor? If not try Goggling a search for the manufacturer of a part your looking for. You can do the same for the Chevy chassis. I am sure you will enjoy this website and forums. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:00 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
If this is a water control valve an controled by cable or vacume you should be able to match one at auto parts store that is close.There are lots of them on ebay for about 10.00$
Old 11-12-2008, 02:52 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This may be a good place to start.

http://www.icca.invensys.com/ranco/auto_water.html
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:48 AM   #6

Thanks for the info on the heater valve. Richard, I will call the company on your link. I have looked at their web site but cannot find a part that looks the same but a newer part maybe interchangeable. If I can source the part it will be interesting to see how much I can get it for. It's got to be less than $530!

Thanks for the welcome. I have owned my RV from new and, as there were no dealers in the UK for National RV, purchased from them direct in 1998 then arranged the shipping and light/electric conversions myself. I was given a guided tour around their plant in Perris which gave me a good insight as to how it is put together. Coming from the UK I seemed to get the read carpet treatment!

I show dogs so my RV is frequently used. I removed the dinette and built in a couple of dog cages (with small drinks cupboard at the side) and put in a swivel table. I have also changed the coutertops, reshaped them and put in 2 circular marine sinks. Into the trailer hitch I had a tall stainless steel box built to take panels, folding crates etc. The RV is now very customised for my use and I love it. It is a 29' model which is big enough for our roads and thankfully it is only 96" wide which is great for some of our narrow country lanes.
Most of the current RV's are too wide and illegal for our roads.

I went on my most adventurous trip this year travelling from the UK to Stockholm for the Dog World Show. That trip was a story in itself!

I'll let all know how I get on with sourcing and pricing of the heater valve.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:18 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Best of luck to you.
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:04 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to IRV2. Here is an email address for a man that overhauls heater control valves. He specializes in 1975 and earlier; however, I'm sure he could be of help to you in advising as to whether your valve can be overhauled or the source of a new one. Good Luck.
Cheers!!
j griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:04 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Old age setting in - forgot to include the email address: jthcv@juno.com
j griff is offline   Reply With Quote