Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #1

Angry Carefree One Touch Patio Awning problem

I have a Carefree of Colorado One Touch patio awning. It has been working fine but just stopped! I checked the 15 amp fuse in the box and it's good. Does anyone have any suggestions. The motor doesn't make a sound at all.
Can they just quit like that? It seems to me that I am missing something, maybe another fuse or something. I would appreciate any help or suggestions.
mobilemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #2

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Have you called Carefree? There folks were really helpful when I was replacing my awnings,they may be able to help troubleshoot

Ron & Wendy 94 Pace Arrow 454
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #3

Not yet....but that's on my agenda for tomorrow! Thanks!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Remove the switch, & check for voltage. It sounds like a blown fuse. My awning was tied to the lights above the sofa.

Good Luck!
Dirtbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #5

I know this sounds stupid. But how would I check for voltage? When I turn the switch on there is a red light that comes on. When I put it on Manual the light stays solid red (which says it is operational) When I put it on auto, it blinks!! Where would I test?

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #6

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Look at this to see if it helps
http://www.smithsrvcentre.com/articl...awning-616.asp

Ron & Wendy 94 Pace Arrow 454
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #7

Thanks,
I'll give that a try. I have a battery charger that I can try!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
The motor can die. Connections can be bad. I had to replace the piece of the power plug that went into the socket in the outside wall of my MH ...it was badly rusted inside the plug. Rain water in connections or in the motor can cause it to not work.

I believe Carefree no longer sells parts for the One Touch. If it is the motor, you may be able to get a 12v motor that would fit through an auto parts place. OineTouch owners have been salvaging parts for several years now. My OneTouch arms were damaged a year ago and I had to replace them with the Elipse arms kit, using my original roller tube and fabric. My pieces went to a guy in Ft Worth and motor went to another owner. The Elipse arms are a great upgrade, but it wasn't cheap.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #9

Thanks, that will be my luck!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #10

Mobilemom --- where are you located -- I replaced my One Touch Arms with the Elipse arms this past year. Paul is right about the parts shortage. I did salvage the motor from my One Touch and if you are close, you are welcome to it. It is just sitting on a bench in my workshop.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
David K, did mobilemom latch on to your motor? If not, I sure would be interested. My motor just went today and I am having problems finding a replacement. I'm located in Clearwater and sure would pay the overnight fee.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #12

No, she did not respond to my post. I still have the motor and if you do want it, send me a PM with the information as to where I send it to. Would be more than happy for some one to put it back to work.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #13

Darn! Just saw your post! Thanks for the offer....I guess someone else scooped up the motor?