Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2014, 02:31 PM   #1

CB mount

I will be taking possession of my new RV in five weeks love to hook up a CB where is the best place to mount a CB antenna and can I do that myself or would it be better to have them do it while it's still in production thanks.
Cola ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Depends on the Vehicle.. For example I do *NOT* have a driver's side door, so I took a 2x4, did a but of cutting and staining, and mounted it using screws that sink nicely into the frame studs.

Then mounted the CBs and a Ham radio and some other stuff to it.

HOWEVER: Problem with water if the window leaks depending on precise position of radio.. I now shield the one that has issues.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:12 PM   #3

That makes sense I should've mentioned what kind of vehicle I have a nexus class C 30 ft
Cola ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #4
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Even though I have three working old units and an old Cobra base loaded whip. I bought the $99 Cobra all in one CB. Then I bought two of the through the glass antennas and two power adapters. I move the CB/microphone from the MH to the car depending on what I am driving.

This all works well enough for traffic info on the road. If I was still an active ham operator things would have been allot different.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #5

Have a CB prep package installed while you coach is being built, and ask where the antenna should be mounted, or tell them where you want it mounted.
There is a wall-mount for MH's that most folks mount just behind the driver, in front of the slideout. The antenna cable and 12V wiring are stubbed out from under the dash next to your left foot. My OEM antenna is roof-mounted, wish it was on the drivers wall, I could use a Firestik antenna instead of the crummy 12" wire on the roof.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote