Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2022, 01:01 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgert View Post
Wow...

Really, just...WOW...
Yes people imagine all kind of complex forces in various directions for the steering damper and for the spring. They imagine the spring would resist more during a crash, etc. All wrong.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2022, 01:03 PM   #72
NXR

Cheap 150$ alternative to Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer 800$

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgert
Wow...

Really, just...WOW...
You forgot "SMH" and "OMG".

"I don't intend to insult you but you don't even write as well as a first year engineering student."

"Oh, and in ten minutes I was able to disprove 300 pages of posts. And you don't need no stinkin' toad brake system. You just do not know how to comprehend what you're reading. I live in another country yet I understand your laws better than the people who live there do."

Ray
Old 09-15-2022, 01:20 PM   #73
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbilodeau
If they conduct a crash for this simple thing, it is for promotional purpose.

The engineers did not need a test. Did they change their bracket or steering damper after these crashes? LOL

If I do a crash of a simple product already on the market it is not a engineering test but a promotional video.

Uh huh. First you wrote that Safe-T-Plus did not test their system that proved it was effective. Then I posted the video showing they did. Now you're saying they did not need a test and it was just to promote sales.

SMH.

Ray
Old 09-15-2022, 01:23 PM   #74

I hope he keeps posting, this is highly entertaining.

Old 09-15-2022, 01:26 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
You forgot "SMH" and "OMG".

"I don't intend to insult you but you don't even write as well as a first year engineering student."

"Oh, and in ten minutes I was able to disprove 300 pages of posts. And you don't need no stinkin' toad brake system. You just do not know how to comprehend what you're reading. I live in another country yet I understand your laws better than the people who live there do."

Ray
I am not arrogant at all. Never been.

Take an engineer under your motorhome and in 10 minutes he will understand the role of the shock, the torsion bar, the air bag and the leaf spring and know in which direction they work and if they add to some other. They are all together. He takes his light and voila.

I understood the laws better than the people that were active in the thread. Never did I include the whole USA population. You have been changing my words in another post. Why do you do this? What age are you?
Old 09-15-2022, 01:27 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbilodeau View Post
Yes people imagine all kind of complex forces in various directions for the steering damper and for the spring. They imagine the spring would resist more during a crash, etc. All wrong.
To be clear, I am in no way agreeing with anything you said in the post I originally quoted, especially where you are telling people that it is not necessary to use supplemental braking systems in towed vehicles. THAT IS UNSAFE ADVICE.

YIKES!!!

Old 09-15-2022, 01:35 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Uh huh. First you wrote that Safe-T-Plus did not test their system that proved it was effective. Then I posted the video showing they did. Now you're saying they did not need a test and it was just to promote sales.

SMH.

Ray
You are changing my words again. Why do you this?

I said:
Quote:
Even Safe-T-Plus engineer didn't need to test it on a front blow-out.
An engineer did not need to test the Safe-T-Plus, he can calculate the force required and design the bracket and choose the right Steering Damper.

Any crash test would be only for commercial purpose and this is what the video show.
Closed Thread

Tags
steering