Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #85

iRV2 No Limits Club
Glad it all worked out and thanks much for the update.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2015, 12:20 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
I am sure your lawyer will ask for proof that it was your sewage as the report indicates it was from an undisclosed source

Ditto on this one. Since the sewage came out of the ground from "an undisclosed source",who's to know that it was actually YOUR sewage? Undisclosed means undisclosed. Have them PROVE it was your sewage.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:48 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpusher View Post
Winepress - Glad everything worked out for you. I bet that is a load off your mind and it's great that the campground owner stepped up and assumed responsibility.
Glad that everything is appearing to work out, although I would still want documentation from the entity who issued the original bill that you are NOT the responsibility party, as all you have right now is your verbal record of an unrecorded phone call! The last thing you need to have happen is 6 months from now discover that there is a unpaid bill on your credit report.

Yes it appears that the campground owner stepped up and assumed responsibility, but only AFTER you paid money to have an attorney write a letter stating that you would be pursuing legal action and damages if the billing wasn't corrected.

Maybe I'm just cranky, but with all the other campgrounds out there, this incident would NOT make me put that campground on ANY preferred list for camping, and I might even go so far as to avoid that entire township unless there was a specific reason to stay in the area!

But back to my being cranky, and some may even say unreasonable, why risk a similar situation with a campground/municipality who can't maintain their own facilities, or in the case of the party issuing the "bill" read an entire fire department report and understand the basics of the English language?

Nough said.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:07 AM   #88

Newmar Owners Club
Golly, I love ths forum. Experts all.

Glad things worked out. Sorry for any lost stomach lining this must have caused.
tbbg II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:20 AM   #89

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbbg II View Post
Golly, I love ths forum. Experts all.

Glad things worked out. Sorry for any lost stomach lining this must have caused.
What do you expect in a public forum?

Every poster having, and revealing a long list of germane qualifications to post???
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:10 AM   #90

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I would hesitate to get my insurance company involved. They will calculate/guesstimate expected cost of litigation and resources expended, and pay out if it's to their advantage. Then that claim will go on your record + deductible, while admitting your guilt.
Agree on that 100% Even if the insurance doesn't pay out a dime they will looking to hang the cost of looking at it on someone. Guess who they usually look to first??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky1320 View Post
It is all conjecture, except for the part about it not being the OP's fault. ....... It's THEIR problem, and the OP is redirecting it currently. It's crazy that he ended up with the bill in the first place.
agree 100%
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:15 AM   #91

Update- Yesterday I received a notice from the county that this incident has been resolved and that I have been removed as the responsible party and no further action is required on my part.
Again, thanks for everyone's input.

Try and live up to your dogs opinion of you.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:11 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winepress View Post
Update- Yesterday I received a notice from the county that this incident has been resolved and that I have been removed as the responsible party and no further action is required on my part.

Good to hear this outcome, most of us thought it would come to this but it is the trying of patience in the meantime.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:17 PM   #93

Quote:
Update-
This morning I received a call from the president of the company that owns the RV park. He was very apologetic about the situation. He told me that the maintenance man and the manager of the park are no longer with his company. He told me that he will be issuing a credit for my stay and invited me back for a free stay as he stated that the attorney letter wasn’t done for free. He told me that he has contacted the county and accepted full responsibility for the incident, although I have not yet heard anything from the county. I thanked him and asked if I could share the name of the RV park as I appreciated the manner that he is handling the situation. I explained that I had posted the incident on the IRV2 forum. He asked me if I would not say the name as he just wants this unfortunate incident to all go away. So as much as I would like to share the name with the positive outcome, I will respect his wishes.

I’m glad that I didn’t file an insurance claim as it was just a combination of errors and mis-communication that would have turned into a bigger mess. I personally learned to document and take photos of odd incidents like this in the future.

Thanks for everyone's input and advice, it's what make this community the best forum out there.
It sounds like the letter your attorney wrote got to the top of the organization. The top guy reacted properly and now the matter is cleared up and you can walk away feeling vindicated as you should be.
Of course there is room for Monday morning quarterbacking but I don't see how naming the campground or it's ownership would benefit anyone. The owner fired the responsible parties. It sounds as though he may not even been aware this ever happened. No doubt the former employees didn't call him and report it for fear of losing their jobs due to poor job performance in the first place. The owner may not even live in the same town or state. He entrusted someone to manage his property for him and they failed.
Enjoy your freedom.
Lynn
LETMGROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 02:18 PM   #94
Community Administrator

Thanks for updating us. Very happy you have been cleared of this mess.

Quote:

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:32 PM   #95

Alright. I am very happy to hear you are not stuck holding the bag. You can bet I will never camp there.
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote