Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2022, 07:53 AM   #15

Just renewed my coach net for $169, then $10 off for early renew. I paid $159 for Premier package.
busyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2022, 08:08 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
first, drove tow truck for a few years. Folks that are run these companies have never been on a truck. the truck drivers barely make a living and are paid by the call. these companies like coach net, good sam, AAA are all just insurance companies. they sit at their computers and run numbers on what segment makes the most money. I finally gave up and just went through my moho insurance and pay a $5 per month for my diesel pusher tow service. It uses the same trucks to do the same work. I still have to call the ins company and pay up front but they reimburse me. Seems like the "road service" is now gone from the landscape. Think about it 100,000 moho times $100 per year.... $10 million should be enough!! but folks have gotten greedy....
Old 04-19-2022, 12:04 AM   #17
dp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee325 View Post
Did you originally purchase the Coach-Net policy from PPL and are now renewing through them? If so, the price increase could be due to an increase in the dealer/agent commission to entice dealers/agents to sell more product, padding C-Ns bottom line.

I'd go on line and price a new policy directly and see what the price is. This should cut out any dealer/agent commission.
Okay I think I have gotten to the bottom of the pricing mystery. For the last 4 years I have purchased Coach-Net thru PPL at a cost of $139 each year. This price is lower than purchasing directly from Coach-Net. Apparently PPL did not renew my membership each year but sold a new one with a different membership number each time. PPL's current "renewal" is $209, which is the same price listed on Coach-Net's website for converting from a dealer membership to a Coach-Net direct membership. Coach-Net's direct renewal price after the conversion is $169 with a $10 discount if renewed 30 days prior to expiration. So it appears that PPL has raised their price because Coach-Net is no longer giving them as good a discount.

So given a choice going forward of a "renewal" of $209 from PPL or $169 from Coach-Net direct, the answer is pretty simple.
Old 04-22-2022, 07:29 PM   #18

I am new to RVing, what does PPL stand for?
Stanleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 09:12 PM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Interesting. I have a TT, rather than a MH, but have been considering switching from Good Sam coverage to Coach-Net, as my experience with Good Sam has been severely lacking. Of the 3 times (in the last 3 years) that I have needed them, twice I finally canceled the call and found my own solution. And these were for relatively simple tire issues. In both cases where I canceled, I was sitting less than 25 miles from multiple tire shops but Good Sam wasn't contracted with them so insisted on trying to get someone that would take an additional 1 to 2 hours to get to me. But, after reading PANJH's account, perhaps Coach-Net isn't any better. And, at $179/yr it is about $40 more than what I pay with Good Sam, so if neither is going to give good service I might as well pay less money for lousy service...
Old 04-22-2022, 09:25 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleye View Post
I am new to RVing, what does PPL stand for?
PPL Motor Homes
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 11:12 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpu699 View Post
My renewal notice was $169…
My renewal notice came in and the prices shown were $209 for Motorized and $179 for Towable. And that is for a renewal, not a new subscription.

No separate prices for A, B or C. Just Motorized and Towable.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 11:53 AM   #22

I have been thinking about changing from Coach-Net to FMCA given that the price of the FMCA membership is $50 less than Coach-Net. Of course I will have to pay the FMCA membership fee which is $60, but then renewals would only be the difference - $50.

So the question is whether FMCA is any better than Coach-Net and whether or not it offers better benefits. I used to use the Good Sam plan, but I think those days are past. The price hike for Coach-Net is so large that I wonder if I should just change to FMCA.

Any thoughts? We just travel in a B+ so we are not very large, or very heavy. Curb weight of our RV is 9660, but we will be towing a Jeep Wrangler.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 05:42 PM   #23

On 4/16:

Thank You For Your Order!

Thank you for renewing your Coach-Net membership. Our commitment to you is to enhance your RV experience by providing peace of mind while traveling so that you can concentrate on making memories that will last a lifetime.

Below is your payment receipt for your records. Your credit card will show a charge from "ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE" for the amount of your purchase.

Order Confirmation

Premier Coach

Premier Coach 1 Year ($169.00) years
Valid 06/02/2022 - 06/01/2023
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote