Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club

The black may just be normal wear and mold. I would try removing that with a mix of water(2 gal.), Spic-N-Span, and 1/4 cup chlorine bleach using a good stiff brush. Clean it first and then go from there.[/QUOTE]

kirk...it feels like the white is a rubbery type material.....whoever did it looked like they did while it was driving down the highway...very sloppy! however, the blk is not mold.....i rubbed that spot im pointing at and more white came off to show more of the black!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
just asking here but......i was at walmart gettin some junk and happen to see a 5 gallon bucket of STA-KOOL MOBILASTIC rubber roof sealer there...didnt have time to read it, but is that something anyone heres ever heard of or used?
Old 06-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #17

So if it's not leaking, just wait a bit and coat it later. Perhaps after you can find someone who can take a peek at it. Besides, it's better to coat the roof in the fall or spring when it is cooler.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeder View Post
just asking here but......i was at walmart gettin some junk and happen to see a 5 gallon bucket of STA-KOOL MOBILASTIC rubber roof sealer there...didnt have time to read it, but is that something anyone heres ever heard of or used?
Read the data sheet http://www.gardner-gibson.com/files/...740_SK_TDS.pdf for complete information. I interpret it Sta-Kool® SK-740 - Mobilastic® Premium Elastomeric Roof Coating as safe for most any roof, it is water-based, has no petroleum product ingredient listed, etc.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
And yet the Snow Roof Coatings website says that their product IS designed for use on EDPM and many other various types of roofing.
That's what I get for believing everything I read_. I did thoroughly read about STA-Kool, including the data sheet. I stand corrected.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 06-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
That's what I get for believing everything I read_. I did thoroughly read about STA-Kool, including the data sheet. I stand corrected.

so, i can or cant use it???? you lost me!!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
So if it's not leaking, just wait a bit and coat it later. Perhaps after you can find someone who can take a peek at it. Besides, it's better to coat the roof in the fall or spring when it is cooler.
as from the stains on the ceiling in the bedroom and such, it has leaked in the past....i just want to know when i hit the road that ive covered that base fully! better safe then sorry kinna deal.....i can park it inside my uncles big shop to put the coating on so weather isnt a really big issue..unless its really humid......
Old 06-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeder View Post
so, i can or cant use it???? you lost me!!!!
Sorry, I was replying to another person. According to the data sheet: http://www.gardner-gibson.com/files/...740_SK_TDS.pdf , The last paragraph in the left column states " Do not use on EPDM, Hypalon, or PVC surfaces".
Old 06-18-2010, 09:06 AM   #23

National RV Owners Club
dangit...i really need to figger out what kinna roof coating is on this darn thing and what one i can use.....i cant believe how dumb i am to motorhome stuff.! heck, i cant even get the water figured out yet!!!!....
Old 06-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #24

Breeder, can you phone the mfgr. to inquire as to roof covering material?

Don't beat yourself up about fixing things. Each and Every one of us began just as you. Learning is a continuing process, and each of us is at a different point.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Thanks Ray! I'm just a lil frustrated! Lol as far as callin I don't know who to call! National is out of business :(
Old 06-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #26

Mid Atlantic Campers
For what it's worth, I used Liquid Roof on our 81 Class C that had a small, but impossible to find leak at the cabover. To address your concerns, I applied it over some Cool Seal that was applied over some other type of white looking roof sealer.
I did go to great pains to remove any loose or bubbled sealer, and did a very good scrubbing and washdown before application.
I haven't had any troubles with it so far, and that was about a year ago. It even fixed the leak that was driving me crazy!
It's very good stuff in my opinion. It's expensive....and doesn't cover much area per gallon.....but still very good!
Phobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #27

Wink

Breeder I have a 2004 Sea Breeze LX and it has a fiberglass roof. I have done a roof on a 28' Bounder and a 27' Tioga Montara using Liquid Rubber and it really works and looks great. Be sure all loose stuff is removed and clean areas with acetone. Use Eternabond on all seams and all will be great for years to come. The prep you do is the hardest and most important part, the application or the coating is easy (don't forget to have a squegee and paint brush as well as a roller) The Liquid rubber is kind of pricey but I have never been sorry
rvrovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #28

Freightliner Owners Club
Breeder: When you get to it, for the interior ceiling stains, I have used "Woolite OXY Deep" carpet cleaner and a soft brush, totally removed a stain next to the Air conditioner. Sprayed it on, work in with the brush and rub dry with a towel. My ceiling is white, short nap material. (Too much brush will make "Fuzz") Carpet Cleaning: OxyDeep Activated System
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote