Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2022, 11:52 PM   #1

Cost of Full Service

I am wondering how much would cost or expect to spend on service for Chassis oil change and generator?
I have spartan chassis 6.7 diesel
7500 Onnan generator
At what mileage do you service as I past 7000 miles and planning to change oil, all filters, air brake services, air drier aswell.
Also what hours I should service diesel generator and what I will be changing?

Also where I should be taking and what cost I will be expecting?
abyass85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2022, 04:25 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You should download the manuals for all of your equipment. They will give you maintenance intervals and suggested service. Most people change their oil and filters at least once a year, regardless of what the manual says. I've always found the generator easy enough to service myself on all of our rigs. Annual service on your engine should cost less than $1,000, and depending on what you have done can be much less.

If you haven't already, you'll want to register with Cummins Quickerve. All of your manuals and a ton of other useful information is there and it's free. https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html

Many RV dealers will provide service for most of your equipment, but they can be slow and sometimes they lack the quality and certification of a Cummins service center. Cummins is usually faster to get to your rig also, although that depends on where you are. They can service both your engine and your generator.

Another good option is factory service. You don't say what rig you're driving, but most of the brands have service centers that can handle about anything on your rig all at the same time and many allow you to camp there and have other conveniences. Tell us what you're driving and others with the same brand and model will chime in. It's also handy to add to your signature line. Good luck!
Old 01-09-2022, 03:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizcom View Post
You should download the manuals for all of your equipment. They will give you maintenance intervals and suggested service. Most people change their oil and filters at least once a year, regardless of what the manual says. I've always found the generator easy enough to service myself on all of our rigs. Annual service on your engine should cost less than $1,000, and depending on what you have done can be much less.

If you haven't already, you'll want to register with Cummins Quickerve. All of your manuals and a ton of other useful information is there and it's free. https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html

Many RV dealers will provide service for most of your equipment, but they can be slow and sometimes they lack the quality and certification of a Cummins service center. Cummins is usually faster to get to your rig also, although that depends on where you are. They can service both your engine and your generator.

Another good option is factory service. You don't say what rig you're driving, but most of the brands have service centers that can handle about anything on your rig all at the same time and many allow you to camp there and have other conveniences. Tell us what you're driving and others with the same brand and model will chime in. It's also handy to add to your signature line. Good luck!

I am driving National LE 2002, Spartan Chassis with CAT 3128 B engine.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:41 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
The 3126 is a 7.2 L engine, not 6.7. They are great engines. I am fortunate enough to live within 1 mile of a Freightliner dealer and a Caterpillar dealer and have used both for some tasks, but basically do routine service myself. Both are good dealers.

The cost goes up fast at one of these dealers (as it should) as they charge about $165 an hour but it is done professionally. If this is too stiff there are several independent shops around that can do a service.
Old 01-09-2022, 06:50 AM   #5

Warranty about to end so Iím going to authorized service centers and having them check things before warranty ends. Chassis service $650 generator service <$200. Freightliner chassis with Cummins. Velocity service on Phoenix.
Hope this helps some
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:37 PM   #6

Just had our coach done.
Service on DD series 60, 10kw quiet diesel, replaced (2) 6-inch exhaust system clamps and a full safety inspection (same as the one for semi-trucks). Our total bill was just over $900.00 using dino oil. Last year the same service was $750.00.
bhammond1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:20 AM   #7

Just had ours done Cummins Care in Avondale AZ....965 for both engine 360 cummins and generator 8K cummins. Included chassis lube.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammond1980 View Post
Just had our coach done.
Service on DD series 60, 10kw quiet diesel, replaced (2) 6-inch exhaust system clamps and a full safety inspection (same as the one for semi-trucks). Our total bill was just over $900.00 using dino oil. Last year the same service was $750.00.
$750 sounds reasonable!
Old 01-18-2022, 04:47 PM   #9

KZ RV Club
I have the 6.7 in my F350 and it runs about $200 DIY using Rotella T6 and Ford filters, fuel, air & oil. If yours has the duel fuel filter you'll have sticker shock at the price.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service