Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2022, 04:37 AM   #1

Could Really use some Help with my 95 American Eagle

I recently purchased a 95 American Eagle 40ft RV. quickly a short background on the coach the seller was a elderly man that was proud to own it and made sure it was taken care of and maintained above and beyond! and it 110% showed in the condition.
that being said it has been sitting for around 5yrs he says it was running when it was parked. as well as got started here and there for the first year or 2.

ive been at a loss on where to go for help on my issues. then i remembered whenever i had a question while troubleshooting this coach not starting after hooking up new batteries. this site was always my go to for anything and everything. but now that i have narrowed it down to what I believe the TCU Module as the shifter wont even light up.
i sent the whole unit to a company that claimed to be able to test/repair the module. they tested it and got back to me saying it was something on the main module and it cannot be repaired only choice is get a new/refurbished module.
normally i would just brush it off as "my luck" this time tho i had some concerns first being the email i got from this company was sent less then 4 hours after i got a confirmation email from shipping company that my package was delivered. plus the email i received from them said my module is bad cannot be repaired i need a new one. but im in luck because they have one in stock that they can program for my coach and send me a plug and play unit and my new total would be $2,600 and some change and they are just waiting on me to give them the greenlight and they would go ahead and charge the balance to my card i used for the module test. i declined and requested my unit be shipped back to me.
I'm looking for SOMEONE who knows anything about this topic and weather or not i should send it to someone else and get it tested again just to possibly be told its bad. or if someone knows where i can get a new module i did see a few on ebay that claim they can program it and it would be plug and play for like 1k less then i was quoted.. but i would really appreciate someone thats knows a thing or 2 about this stuff pointing me in the right direction.
i bought this coach to get as far away from this AZ heat as i can and instead im sitting in the heat beating my head over this dang module!
Mr.YZF1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2022, 08:33 AM   #2

If I was in your shoes...

1. Do you have any online resources that are dedicated to American Eagles?
2. Do you have any online resources that are dedicated to your specific chassis?
3. Do you have any online resources that are dedicated to your specific transmission?
4. Do you have any online resources that are dedicated to your specific engine?
5. Do you have any owners manuals or resources that address the specific module?

I am ignorant of the module you are listing in question. I have online resources that address my specific coach that are very helpful.
Prof_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 08:49 AM   #3

If it is Spartan chassis contact Spartan: https://parts.spartanrvchassis.com/ or Fleetwood https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/.
Old 06-20-2022, 09:05 AM   #4

I'm right there with you on the module. unfortunately being its a 95 the internet wasn't the go to source of information. manuals, diagrams and all that was physical books. as must as id love to just have some .pdf files to refer to. they just don't exist online if they do I haven't seen much at all.

Honestly this forum has been a Life Saver which is why I decided to not be the one that just reads other peoples questions for my answers. I have come across some very knowledgeable people posting on here so hopefully the one person that knows exactly where I can go to get this thing Rollin again.
Mr.YZF1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 02:25 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
As a reference my TCM went out in 2013, had to have the rig towed to the Allison shop. The diagnosed a bad module, no option but to replace. Cost was $3500.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote